Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluetech
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 260 Wifi keeps dropping since Microsoft Spring update

Ran the latest MS update to the spring update, ever since then, the wifi drops often.   The Windows 10 troubleshooter will reset the adapter and it will work again for a short time.   I have all the Lenovo updates and Windows updates.

virgilserviceit
Blue Screen Again
Views: 269
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 260 Wifi keeps dropping since Microsoft Spring update

To me windows 10 is initialized with wifi not off, but without wifi adapter ! After restart the wifi card operating normally. Have the latest bios and wifi driver and updated to windows 10 to 1803.121...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 255
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 260 Wifi keeps dropping since Microsoft Spring update

Seems Windows has a habit of disabling certain power management features that pertain to WiFi cards. 

First, try setting your roaming aggressiveness lower. If that doesn't work, see if you still have performance settings under:

Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode.  

If you HAVE that setting, set it to Maximum Performance and see if that helps. If you don't and roaming aggressiveness doesn't help, there are some registry hacks that'll get those power settings back. 

Also check your event viewer for WLAN errors. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors