Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travel858
What's DOS?
Views: 1,030
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 Windows 10 Fall Creator's update fan noise

I was previously running the Window 10 spring creator's update without issue on my Yoga 910. However, after the fall creator's update (1709) the fan is VERY loud when plugged into AC power. When running on battery, it's whisper quiet. All BIOS/Software/drivers are up to date, and I've rebooted numerous times. Power mode slider is set to either all the way to the left (power saver) or one notch to the right.

At times with the high fan usage, the system seems bogged down and very slow to respond to keystrokes. Task manager doesn't reveal anything super obvious using high CPU time.

netchicken
Punch Card
Views: 784
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Windows 10 Fall Creator's update fan noise

I have the same issue, despite having Quiet Mode on in the BIOS it whines on regardless of what the CPU is doing. even as low as 8%.

This has just started happening and I think some update has changed it. Its as bad as the pre Quiet Mode days.
netchicken
Punch Card
Views: 764
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Windows 10 Fall Creator's update fan noise

I solved it. I had used lenovo Vantage to update my machine, either it, or another one I used reinstalled the failed Qualcomm WLAN driver that caused the fan issues earlier. So I just uninstalled the driver and everything is back to normal.  Still getting slight fan noise, but at much lower levels of noise and the CPU is running much lower than before as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors