Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardCPR
What's DOS?
Views: 891
Message 1 of 3

fingerprint reader stopped working on Ideapad Flex 5 after 1803

This problem has been reported several times before, but no answer whatsoever 

The fingerprint reader stopped working, apparently after a windows update upgrade

I have tried EVERYTHING there is, from uninstalling and deleting the driver files then reinstalling, downgrading the drivers, rebooting, upgrading, updating chipset, video card and display drivers, updated BIOS, etc. etc. etc. and the best thing that can happen is for it to work a couple of times and stop working again... it is a less-than-a-month-old computer and it seems  MANY users are having this problem....

I already ran Lenovo Diagnostics tool, Lenovo system update tool, Microsoft's windows update and have latest definitioins for everything, Microsoft trouble shooter recognizes the problem but can't fix it.

the only thing I haven't tried is downgrading my windows 10 to a previous version...

computer:

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 

Model 81C9

Processor Intel Core 17-8550U @ 1.80GHz

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit  Ver. 1803

Synaptics WBDI driver version: 5.5.2613.1050

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 ver. 23.20.16.4973

BIOS version 4QCN43WW(V2.07)

Thanks for any help I can get to solve this annoying situation

[Moderator note: Topic title edited for clarification]

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 859
Message 2 of 3

Re: fingerprint reader stopped working on Ideapad Flex 5 after 1803

@RichardCPR wrote:

I have tried EVERYTHING there is,

Hello,

As long as you have tried everything, please post the link from your Windows 10 Feedback Hub report so that your problem can be upvoted by all who are having this problem. Working together will help these issues be addressed ASAP.

Thank you.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

pquevill
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 3 of 3

Re: fingerprint reader stopped working on Ideapad Flex 5 after 1803

It is an obvious problem with all of the posts and I guess you're not going to fix it? This computer is 2 years old and almost full on the HD capacity. Up until now, your support sucks and I'll definately look at alternatives. after this long and still no workable solution, iyt apepars you don't want return customers.

Pat

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors