Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Paper Tape

Brand New Lenovo K330B 77472BU Desktop > Drive Letters

I have a brand new Lenovo that seemed to become "squirrelly" (just one example was the Power Dial function quit displaying). To make a very long story short, I decided to "start over" and did the OneKey Recover option. Now all seems OK except for one major issue. That is:

Before the Recovery, I only had two external hard drives. When I plugged them in,  they became F: and G:

Now, after the Recovery there is no E: drive. So, when I plugged them in, they became E: and F:

So, the question is (and shame on me for not paying attention to drive letter designations before the Recovery): What possibly could have been the E: drive before the Recovery. I have to wonder if that's why I was having issues which forced me to perform the Reccovery.

Thinking out loud and not really understanding partiions, volumes, images, and the like, did I somehow "use up" a partition, or such, as the result of the Recovery?

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Brand New Lenovo K330B 77472BU Desktop > Drive Letters

You didn't "lose" a drive. See this link to see about "Disk Management" in Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-add-or-remove-a-drive-letter

Use the other links within this site, to learn all about the Windows 7 operating system:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help

Cheers!

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F
X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad + T420
Paper Tape

Apparently, I didn't get my point across. The first time i set up the computer, the two hard drives became F & G by default. After the Recovery, they became E & F, by default.

To the best of my knowledge, the first time there must have been *something* that was E. Hmmmm....could it have been Disk Image??? I notice there is now nothing labeled Disk Image, etc. now after the Recovery.

I'm thinking this brand new maching is bonkers. I've been using computers 18 hrs a day for 15 years so I know enough to be dangerous. Every time I do something on this new computer, something seems to fail. Juat an hour ago I got a "Insert Boot Disk" at power up. Files and Folders seem to come and go; Power Dial function quit working; CPU went from 100% to 52% for no apparent reason. Just lots of wierd stuff that keeps changing.

And, I have a brand new computer and can't even find a Lenovo phone number to call for help...

Paper Tape

For what it's worth, this brand new computer is bad. Every other time I turn it on it asks for a boot disk. And, the times it starts OK, it drops my "usb external drive. I've been at this for weeks reinstalling and reinstalling. The Power Dial shows 100% CPU and then the next time it boots it shows 52%! I'm ready to go insane. My options? Buy another new compuiter or go through $500 of more grief trying to ship this thing....