Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Win 7 OS CD Needed

I recently purchased a Lenovo G570 from newegg. I was hoping to get the Windows 7 OS CD with the laptop. The OS comes installed but there is no CD.

Someone told me that I can get the OS CD from Lenovo, if I ask from them. I could not find how to contact support for the same.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I have bought this for my mom - would like to ship laptop along with the CD as well.

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Win 7 OS CD Needed

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome,

You should be able to use the One Key Recovery software to burn your own CD/DVD recovery set.

I'd refer you to the user's manual, but the link is throwing a "file not found" at the moment: (English) User Guide g470_g475_g570_g575_ug_en_v2.pdf

[edit] The Google found a copy.  It doesn't say much except "..you can use it for backup - consult the program's help file for more information..."

[more edit] Here's the Knowledge Base article on how to make recovery media: How to create "Factory Default Recovery Disc" with OneKey Recovery

[even more edit] For future reference, this is the support number:

United States English 1-877-4 Lenovo (1-877-453-6686) 24 hours a day
7 days a week
IdeaPad, Lenovo 3000
IdeaCentre

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество