Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Win7 and Bluetooth

I haven't seen much discussion of Bluetooth on Win7. I have an X300 and am using Win7 RC1 at the moment.

If I double click on the BT icon on the desktop, Explorer crashes - every time, without exception.

I have tried un-installing the BT drivers but Windows reinstalls them as soon as it notices. I have loaded the BT vista drivers (7zbv08ww) and the install is part successful. I get a list of items, some say OK, some (BT Personal Area Network and two lines saying BT Peripheral Device) say 'No Driver Found'

I can use my BT printer connection but cannot connect to my Phone (the software just hangs).

After an un-install and re-install, I now have two sets of entries in device manager. One called 'Bluetooth Devices' which has a sub entry of 'Bluetooth Bus Enumerator' and one called 'Bluetooth Radios' with three sub-entries of 'Bluetooth Printing Support', 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator' and 'Thinkpad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate'. I can't un-install the BT radios item but can un-install the other tree, which just comes back and I can't seem to control what happens.

Has anyone any success with Bluetooth on Win7?

Long time ThinkPad user: 770, 600, T40, X300, now X301 240gb SSD, 8 GB ram (love it! :-)) Windows 7 64 bit.