US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 1 of 470

Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2009-11-16, 19:25 PM

All,

Since Oct 22, when the Window 7 upgrades began shipping, we've received a lot of feedback and provided a number of updates to our customers.   Upgrades for Think Products have been shipping since the 22nd, but there is a backlog we are working through.  Windows 7 upgrades for Idea products were delayed with the expected shipments to begin after November 16th.

UPDATE 11/23/09 - there have been some further schedule slips for Idea shipments, and unfortunately these did not begin on November 16th as previously planned.  Present outlook is for Idea shipments to begin today the 23rd and ramp during the latter part of the week with expectation that approximately 40% WW would be shipping by November 30th.  Apologies for these further delays.

UPDATE 12/2/09 - Upgrades for Idea have begun shipping the last week of November.  In my last update, we anticipated that perhaps 40% would be shipped by the 30th.  35% of the orders for Idea are now moving through the payment / readying for shipment phase while about 4% have shipped so far on a WW basis.   This most recent delay has been caused in part by a percentage of orders that were input with an incorrect / invalid / incorrectly formatted serial number.   We will contact those affected by this issue via email shortly, and will provide instructions on actions needed to allow shipment to proceed.  

Upgrades for Think customers continue in volume and we have now shipped approximately 70% of Think orders received.

UPDATE 1/12/10 New orders continue to come in, so the top level results reflect some fluctuation in percentage complete rather than a linear prgression to 100%.    I expect that this will change once we move past the last date for elligibility, and ultimately the order window closes - this is still weeks away.

THINK

90% of Think Win 7 upgrades have shipped to customers in the Americas and Asia Pacific countries, while the greater number of supported languages in Europe has added some additional complexity.  75% of Win 7 upgrades for European customers have shipped.

IDEA

73% of Idea Win 7 upgrades have now shipped in the Americas and 92% in AP, while about 45% of the Idea Win 7 orders have shipped to European customers.

The prior discussion on Upgrade shipments has been valuable and we are keeping in for reference as a read only discussion because at 440 posts, it had become too long for members to practically read and understand.

Communications

Resources are prioritized to address inquiries sent through the "contact us" button on the www.lenovo.com/windows7 update site (page 3 / 4 ) of the process.   The Mentor Media team is presently running about 5 days behind in responding to inquires through contact us (last week the backlog was more than a week) so progress is being made but still delayed.   Submissions other than through the contact us may have even longer response times.

UPDATE 11/23 - Progress to clear the inquiry backlog continues and is now down to about 3 business days. 

Here is a direct link to the contact us button for inquires about existing orders.  

Shipping Methods

US: UPS Innovation (UPS pickup and handoff to USPS - see above)

Canada & LA: UPS

EMEA: TNT MailFast (Mentor is working to resolve an issue where the expedited shipment inhibits tracking number - we expect this to be resolved by next week)

Asia: DHL

China: Fed EX

Standard UPS 1Zxxxx tracking numbers.   US orders are being handled by UPS Innovation - UPS picks up and hands off to the USPS which does the delivery.  Process overview and tracking site here.  These are not the normal UPS format tracking numbers - I believe members have reported "long" tracking numbers in the discussion previously.

As noted in the last several posts, emails are being sent to advise customers.  I've previously noted that Idea upgrade kits won't begin shipping until after Nov 16th, and the emails were intended to advise our customers who may not be involved / following the discussion here.   We also sent emails to advise Think customers - we still expect to have most of the Think backlog cleared up by the 16th.

Some members have commented that they didn't receive emails.  We have requested Mentor to do a comparison of the email distribution lists against the master file and identify any missed addresses and we will be following up in the next several days.

Thanks for working with us on this.  

UPDATE 3/11/10 - ORDER WINDOW  CLOSED - PROCESSING EXISTING ORDERS ONLY

Here is a list of important dates for customers participating in the Windows 7 upgrade program.

January 31, 2010 – Last day to purchase a qualifying Lenovo PC

February 28, 2010 – Last day to register via the Lenovo Windows 7 upgrade site

March 5, 2010 – Last day to submit proof of purchase

March 15, 2010 – Last day to submit payment information (for shipping & handling)

April 30, 2010 – Final Windows 7 upgrade shipments completed

A courtesy email is being provided to all customers with existing upgrade orders that need either proof of purchase or payment information to complete processing now.    Additional information on Lenovo Windows 7 upgrade program, system compatibility, training, and enhanced experience details available here.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

5 Posts

07-14-2009

Houston, TX USA

92 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 2 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2009-11-16, 20:31 PM

So Ideapad upgrades will start shipping today?

Options

39 Posts

10-28-2009

Austin, TX

67 Signins

648 Page Views

• Views: 648
  • Message 3 of 470

2009-11-16, 21:16 PM

My upgrade order (Win7 Pro x64 for T400 7417 and T500 2081) finally shows "Ready to ship".

R51 1836-Q7U
T500 2081-CTO
Options

11 Posts

11-06-2009

California

96 Signins

279 Page Views

• Views: 279
  • Message 4 of 470

2009-11-16, 21:56 PM

I've been reading shipment updates about everyday now. I've been watching many people make posts expressing their discontent over what has happened. I've been patiently waiting and not adding to the chaos, but it just makes me feel like if I don't express my concern, my shipment is delayed or held off in order for Lenovo/mentormedia to deal with the discontent customers first. I see posts that say they contacted the manufacturer and then get replies that it will ship soon or something... Now I don't find that fair, but whatever.

I just have a question now.

I ordered my windows 7 upgrade media on Sept. 28

and finally got this:

Order No
LENOVOxxxxxx  

Order Status
Ready to Ship

Payment Status
Pass (Payment Made) Payment Date
Sunday, October 25, 2009

So, after 3 weeks from the day I the payment went through (and an additional month from the day I ordered), it's finally changed from pending for fulfillment to ready to ship. Now... does ready to ship mean it's shipped or it's literally ready to ship and they are holding it off for whatever reason?

Options

39 Posts

10-28-2009

Austin, TX

67 Signins

648 Page Views

• Views: 648
  • Message 5 of 470

2009-11-16, 22:53 PM

wrote:

So, after 3 weeks from the day I the payment went through (and an additional month from the day I ordered), it's finally changed from pending for fulfillment to ready to ship. Now... does ready to ship mean it's shipped or it's literally ready to ship and they are holding it off for whatever reason?

My guess is that it's packed up and ready to go, but they probably don't take all of them to UPS (or have UPS pick them up, whichever the case may be) until the end of the business day.  I imagine that tonight or tomorrow morning it will show that it has shipped and show a tracking number, based on the experiences of others.

Also, for what it's worth, I live in Austin, TX and my free upgrade from Dell made the haul from SoCal to Texas in three business days.  So if it ships tonight I'm expecting to have it on Thursday.

R51 1836-Q7U
T500 2081-CTO
Options

77 Posts

08-24-2009

CA

105 Signins

727 Page Views

• Views: 727
  • Message 6 of 470

2009-11-17, 1:46 AM

I just received my shipment confirmation and tracking ID from UPS, set to arrive in 3-5 business days.

I ordered 7/31, submitted voucher thing 8/22, fulfilled 10/25, shipped 11/16.

Options

5 Posts

07-14-2009

Houston, TX USA

92 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 7 of 470

2009-11-17, 4:38 AM

Has anyone with an IdeaPad had it ship or at least have a status change?

Options

10 Posts

10-21-2009

Singapore

363 Signins

1415 Page Views

• Views: 1415
  • Message 8 of 470

2009-11-17, 5:16 AM

Status still the same, my payment hv not even deduct yet... so called after Nov 16th start shipping...

Options

26 Posts

08-05-2009

India

45 Signins

547 Page Views

• Views: 547
  • Message 9 of 470

ideapads shipping date?

2009-11-17, 5:54 AM

"We expect to complete processing of your order by mid to late November."

This is the last and only status from Lenovo. It is better but not good enough. "mid to late November" is 15 days. I was expecting a hard date of atleast start of ideapad shipping.   Last Mark told was Nov 16th. is it still valid? Has ideapad started shipping already?   we are running out of patience.

Options

11 Posts

08-17-2009

australia

25 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 10 of 470

Re: ideapads shipping date?

2009-11-17, 6:23 AM

we were told that upgrade will start on 22th oct,  then they delayed upgrade to 16th nov  and now its 17th nov and my order status is still "Pending payment completion"

is the upgrade procedure really hard  for BIGGEST COMPANY OF COMPUTERS  !!!!!!

that's really a shame

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete