02-26-2010

florida

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 452 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-03-03, 16:52 PM

add me to those who have not received windows 7, and get no response to inquiries.  my order was placed more than 60 days ago.

Options

12 Posts

03-04-2010

USA

28 Signins

262 Page Views

• Views: 262
  • Message 453 of 470

2010-03-04, 9:46 AM

I am getting REALLY annoyed here. After entering my purchase order for my "free" upgrade for my X200, I proceed to payment, which is rejected five or six times because I'm not using the right browser, or I waited too long to enter the payment information, or my net connection got broken... at which point I have to wait ANOTHER few days before the payment system sends me a "retry" email, now I'm confronted with some prompt saying I have to enter a proof of purchase.

What is this? I seem to remember I entered my proof of purchase information when I ordered the upgrade in the first place, and the payment portal never asked me for this before.

There's no explanation ANYWHERE on the payment site, so I submit a customer support email asking about it, upon which they say they'll respond to me "within 10 working days," which is well after the deadline for submitting a payment for the so-called free upgrade.

This is beyond ridiculous. Never have I worked so hard at trying to give someone money for something they promised they would give me for FREE. Why am I dealing with amateurs here? I can go online and just download an illegal, working copy of Win7 (not that I would) more easily than I can pay for a legal copy. What happened to Thinkpad service?

If there's anyone official even paying attention to this anymore, I'd like some word about possible alternatives, because I'm getting really fed up.

Options

1 Posts

03-04-2010

Germany

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 454 of 470

2010-03-05, 7:31 AM

Hello Mark (Mark_Lenovo),

we are a small administration of the local government. We bought 25 Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 with preinstalled Windows Vista Business 32-bit. I ordered the appropriate licenses of Microsoft Windows 7 Professional within the framework of the Windows 7 Upgrade Program. Unfortunately, i have ordered a total of 6 times 5 licenses, because i stated money transfer instead of credit card for payment in the first order. So i repeated the order with credit card data in payment methods to speed up the order process. I got e-mails with confirmation of the orders. After a week i checked the orders status and suddenly the order numbers of the two last orders were invalid. So i contacted Mentor Media Ltd. and got an answer from Lindy, the customer service officer of Mentor Media. She wrote, that the last two orders failed, because the system shows 30 kits shipping to the same address. The orders were killed by the system. I will understand, if the last order failed, because it's over 25 kits and against Microsoft's terms and conditions for the Windows 7 Upgrade Program. Now i will get only 20 kits. This seems not logical to me. I hope you can do something for me. Please excuse my bad english. Thank you very much and greetings from Northern Germany.

Sven

Options

1 Posts

12-17-2009

Paris, France

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 455 of 470

2010-03-07, 0:35 AM

Hi,

Here is the feedback from a very unhappy French customer (in other words...me! :-)), trying to order her upgrade kit since October 28th.

October 28th: First time I placed my order. Everything seemed to go smoothly.

November 10th: I received an email explaining that due to the demand, order processing was behind schedule, and the dispatch of orders was expected to happen between mid November and beginning of December. Well, I could live with that, no problem.

December 1st: Seeing no e-mail notice that my order has been processed, I sent a question to the support in French, saying that I never received the procedure to send my POP, and asking if this could be the cause of the delay. I NEVER received a reply.

Given  that I got no answer, I thgouth I would go global on that one, and wrote  to the support in English :smileyhappy:

So, December 17th: I asked what the status of my order was.

December 29th: I receive a reply saying that there was a lack of mapping readiness on my PC (what is that anyway? I asked twice, they never even gave me the smallest explaination), that they would like to process my order, and they suggested that I cancel my order altogether and place a new one. The answer also specified that the site had been revamped to overcome this problem.

I followed the instruction and gave the go ahead to cancel my order.

Jan 5th: Confirmation from the support that my order has been cancelled.

Jan 6th: my first order was cancelled, so I trie to place a new one. This is where I ran into a problem: it was impossible for me to select the OS language in the drop-down list. I indeed had NO CHOICE in the list, I could only see "Existing Windows OS language installed". This prevented me from going further in the process of ordering. I thought I would retry later to see if this problem was still present.

February 10th: small lull at work, so I decided to tackle the Lenovo problem once again, because the previous attempts at selecting the OS language were not successful. So I wrote to the support. Needless to say that I was very frustrated at this point.

Feb 16th: I got a reply, with the usual "due to unprecedented demand, we are behind schedule..." But anyway, the email asked me what operating system and language I wished to place an order for. I replied I wanted to place an order for a Win7 pro in French.

I got no answer since then. I visited the website today, and saw that the offer expired on Feb 28th! Are they  kidding?

I'm really worried now that I'll never get my upgrade kit. At least, when the order was placed, I had a number in the queue, but now that it's been cancelled, I basically have nothing.

I'm now quite angry and beyond frustrated with all that. I'm appalled at how this upgrade program has been handled.

So if there's any was to help me with that, I would be extremely grateful!

Greetings from Paris :smileyhappy:

Cyberclown

Options

1 Posts

03-07-2010

USA

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 456 of 470

2010-03-07, 15:46 PM

Hi

I wasn't aware of the last date for ordering the Windows7 free upgrade. So, when I started looking for this, it hit me that the last date was 28th Feb. I don;t want to miss out on this oppurtunity and would appreciate if you can let me know how can I get my free copy. My T400 serial number is R8xxxxx . Thanks.

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

Options

12 Posts

03-04-2010

USA

28 Signins

262 Page Views

• Views: 262
  • Message 457 of 470

2010-03-08, 3:43 AM

Okay, 4 days and not a peep from Lenovo, nor any response from the people at the Win7 upgrade fulfillment company. I'll give them their 10 business day allotment and then I'm filing with the Better Business Bureau (since the purchasing, etc. was all done in the U.S.).

I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this.

Options

7634 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 458 of 470

2010-03-12, 13:09 PM

Purva_jain,

I posted the program end dates in this thread, and blogged about it, in an effort to communicate the program end dates.  The order window closed at the end of Feb.   I'll inquire to see if we can do anything for you, and will get back to you via private message by first of next week.. 

yenemy,

Please send me a PM with your order number - Lenovo xxxxxxx    It will also make it easier if you specify what version of Windows your were ordering.   I'm sorry that you are frustrated with the experience.  We received large volumes of orders placed with fraudulent serial numbers and we've had to apply more rigorous proof of purchase validation in these later stages of the program. 

Best regards,

Mark

Options

1 Posts

03-16-2010

Holland, MI USA

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 459 of 470

2010-03-16, 2:07 AM

Hi Mark,

I just recieved the following email (dated 3/15/2010):

We regret to inform that your order for the Windows 7 Upgrade kit has been cancelled as we did not receive your Proof of Purchase. If you require further clarification, please contact us here .
Thank you for your interest in this program.

I have emailed (and saved the email) everything needed and the previous email I recieved is below (dated Feb. 2).  It says my order was validated so I don't know why it was cancelled for not supply my proof of purchase when I did email it in (I have the email saved for proof).

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Dear Jeff Bruizeman,

This is to confirm that we have received your validated Order No.: LENOVO1388563

---------------------- Order Details ----------------------

PC Model Upgrade Package Language 5355AFU Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-BIT English

Options

2 Posts

02-17-2010

UK

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 460 of 470

2010-03-17, 15:59 PM

LENOVO1428952

Mark_Lenovo I have waited since sometime after January 2nd for my Win7 upgrade.

I have received an e-mail (Feb 22nd) informing me that my payment has been taken and that I should receive a subsequent e-mail informing me of the shipment details. I see that the order status is now "shipped", but weeks have passed and I have received nothing.

Before you managed to progress my order to this new stage, but now it seems I am stuck here. My order is to be shipped to the UK. Please can you see what you can do? I am getting quite frustrated with the time this is taking (nearly 8 weeks)...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete