Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 2 (582 Views)

Win7SP1 - T520 - No Dimming (other hotkeys work) - Can't update Driver for Monitor

T520 - Windows 7 SP1 

Included a photo for perspective. 

Can't update monitor driver, and suspect this is why I cannot change brightness settings with hotkeys. Also don't see brightness setting options in the power manager. 

Windows claiming issue with signed driver but the driver I'm using came right off the Lenovo support page (and shows as signed). Issues with windows ability to confirm signing of drivers?

Also having issues with getting ANY USB-Serial devices working (claims same issue with drivers)...but I can fire up another post for that seperately. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 2 (521 Views)

Re: Win7SP1 - T520 - No Dimming (other hotkeys work) - Can't update Driver for Monitor

[ Edited ]

Well, I tried something new (I hadn't in the past few days of fighting with this). 

I FORCED the driver (via the have disk button) and pointed it at the c:\windows\system32\driversstore\filerepository\minitor.inf_amd64_neutral_ab477c4d805d044f\monitor.inf file. 

I installed this (unsigned) driver, and it succeeded. I got my screen brightness level adjust. 

I then updated the driver to the offical Lenovo one that I have been trying all along and it appears to have succeeded. Still have screen brightness (although no OSD until I rebooted). 

Hopefully helps someone in the future.

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count