Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

621 Posts

07-03-2009

Andorra

536 Signins

5572 Page Views

• Views: 5572
  • Message 1 of 3

Finding the Real EE

2009-11-17, 15:48 PM

Enhanced Experience is something we're all looking for. Let me propose a way we may obtain it if we pool resources.

My understanding is that EE is a combination of BIOS and software. Now the drivers are the same and the Windows Services are the same. Since most of us can all get the latest EE BIOS, depending on machine type, then  the only difference may lie in the Load Order of the Services and other software during boot. Using the Services applet, we can change how services run. And there are programs to help us with the load order of all software.

So if Lenovo were kind, they would tell us how they have tweaked the load order of the software. Or someone with a new, EE laptop/desktop, could post this information so the rest of us could customize out computers. Here're two programs that may be helpful.

http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:View_Windows_Service_load_order_32311915

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/start-q-change-windows-startup-programs-load-order/

Options

19 Posts

11-08-2008

Woodhaven, NY

18 Signins

207 Page Views

• Views: 207
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Finding the Real EE

2009-11-19, 19:27 PM

"ThinkVantage Device Experience for Windows 7 (32-bit) and (64-bit) - ThinkPad"

Look for this update in The downloads section of support.  I just downloaded it, and i found a performance boost...

Its only part of the total plan...This update adds more tweaks to current EE notebooks, but it does offer a boost to upgraded units as well.

Plan B would be to find someone with an EE certified notebook, and get a copy of the recovery disks that you can burn right from the laptop.  you can then use it to "restore to factory settings" on your notebook, with all the tweaks and drivers in place...then you would truly be EE compliant.

Hope this helps.

Options

30 Posts

07-15-2009

San Francisco

183 Signins

1769 Page Views

• Views: 1769
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Finding the Real EE

2009-11-20, 6:26 AM

"ThinkVantage Device Experience" only adds device stage info (which was prob already installed by windows anyways) and a link to the thinkpad device stage to the start menu. Nothing else.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)