Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-14-2008

Germany

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 4

IBM-Windows XP Professional code - No identification

2008-05-14, 19:54 PM
Hello, I don´t know whether I´m right here, but I have a problem. My IBM Thinkpad T41 was delivered with a windows XP professional license from Microsoft but without a recovery oder installation cd oder partition. I had to do a reinstall, so I bought a windows XP professional CD from a pc-shop. After the installation, when you should type the key, he says that this code is no windows key or something like that and the installation stopps. Must I buy an IBM-Recovery-CD for 59 euros for the installation or is there any trick. Sorry for my bad english - I´m german ;-) I hope someone can help me.
Options

92 Posts

02-24-2008

San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines

195 Signins

2338 Page Views

• Views: 2338
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: IBM-Windows XP Professional code - No identification

2008-05-15, 0:43 AM
Hi,

You do not need to buy another license of Windows XP from a PC shop just to reinstall. What you can do is call up lenovo hotline and ask for a recovery cd (for a small charge)
--------
Jasper Jugan - http://www.backpackboy.com
x61 Tablet | 1.8Ghz LV7700 | 4GB RAM | MultiView/MultiTouch | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit :)
Options

3 Posts

05-14-2008

Germany

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 3 of 4

2008-05-15, 8:27 AM
Hi, thank you for your answer. I didn´t buy a licence from a shop, I bought only a cd. The lenovo hotline said, when I called 3 months ago, the cd costs 59 euros. But maybe this is the failure: My XP CD has the name "wxpvol_de" and the installation programm says "Please enter your Product Key for your Volumelicence". Could this cd be a cd for volume licences? I´m going to go to the shop today and ask. Then I will write the answer down here.
Options

124 Posts

03-25-2008

Citrus Heights, California

64 Signins

1858 Page Views

• Views: 1858
  • Message 4 of 4

2008-05-15, 14:07 PM
Just to be on safe grounds here, please be sure that the software you purchased is Genuine.

If you have any doubts , visit here : http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/

Volume License media is generally not sold inside retail stores or to the public for that matter.
Proud supporter of the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms