vancouver,BC

36 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 1 of 2

Issue with windows 7 64bit with lenovo G530

2009-10-30, 5:46 AM

hi all,

I'm having some minor issue with my G530 after upgrading to windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

After I install all the windows7 64bit drivers release by lenovo, i can't enable my lenovo power management. So i upgrade my bios with the 64bit bios because it seems to be an issue with the G530.

after i upgraded my bios my power management works, but it takes forever if i have to reboot to see the lenovo boot screen at least a min to 1.5 min. also my sleep  and hibernate function still doesn't work very well. it doesn't wake up one sleep alot of the time, it will only wake up may be 4/10 times i try to wake up... and it will reboot back to the lenovo screen... windows treat it as unexpectedly shutdown etc etc...

the hibernate function is worth... it can't resume windows. and it will reboot and ask me if i want to delete the restoration file and start windows normally... or try again or sth...

any solutions? or is any g530 user experiencing the same issue?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Options

15 Posts

10-30-2009

vancouver,BC

36 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Issue with windows 7 64bit with lenovo G530

2009-10-31, 3:11 AM

also one more issue i had... is when i try to boot up... somtimes it will go into a loop for a couple times. it will try to load windows(no blue screen)-->reboot--> and ask me if i want to use system recovery/start windows normally.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms