Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 1 of 9

U510 - Broadcom BCM4313GN - WiFi Problem - Can't connect or limited

2015-01-01, 15:03 PM

Hi!

I have been using U510 almoust 1 year, and windows 7 x64 start to run slowly. After i install the windows 8.1 x64 problem about wifi never disapear, i try install w7 x32/x64 drivers, but nothing help me to deal with wifi problem.

Things i try:

0. (this is the first thing i try) call my ISP maybe router is't good, but 5 other computer working perfectly just U510 with BCM4313GN want start behaving normally

1. block all BT in device manager

2. power managment set to high, all check box uncheck from power saving modes

3. try to set router in diferent modes (away from n channel) but nothing

4. custom ip adress and dns servers

5. after some time, wifi start working on a few minutes, after that i can't connect  never. I try to create hotspot from mobile and it's working a litlle longer 5-10minutes after that some story.

I try almoust everything on the internet that i read, but nothing help me. Now how i can contact support for help

Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: U510 - Broadcom BCM4313GN - WiFi Problem - Can't connect or limited

2015-01-03, 13:30 PM

Just quick update, nothing start to working, errors are random, sometimes working 5min sometimes 30min,and sometimes i just get limited, speed drops drom 5kb/s to 550kb/s. I have best connectivity with x64 W7 drivers. After that i search in solution about U510 (on support lenovo page) and find the newer drivers from broadcom than the microsoft realese (6.31.139.2) but that drivers doesn't work at all.

This is just one big fail from lenovo and they drivers

Options

34 Posts

11-28-2014

Tracy, california

65 Signins

1059 Page Views

• Views: 1059
  • Message 3 of 9

2015-01-07, 21:44 PM

hi, there, when you say nothing start to work?, what do you mean are getting windows errors? withregard to the initial concern bout the limited connection on wifi, before you had this issue what was the last thing you have installed on the computer?, have you made any changes on the wifi setting and router settings?

Dont fake the funk............
Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2015-01-07, 22:39 PM

by nothing start to work i mean on WiFi (under event viewer i get DNS problems, but i type manualy DNS and try get it automaticlly). I didn't install anything new in laptop i just whon't to install new 8.1 x64 over my windows 7 x64. Under w8.1 i get the full strenght on signal but can get connection.

On the Lenovo web page W8.1 is listed as working out of the box, i have before W7 X64 and all working great so my router is't problem or my laptop(even i try to change seettngs on router but i restore to factory defaults), i have friends with W8 and they say that drivers working as should do.

"http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-u-series-laptops/ideapad-u510-notebook/downloads/DS038043"

I try next things:

-Disable in Device Manager all under Network Adapters

-Try to manually set DNS and IP

-Disable under WiFi Properties all but "TCP/IPvv4, QoS packet Schedluer and Client for Microsot Networks" (and i get some functionality but again WiFi after 1-30min stop working, and after that i can't start WiFi)

-Set Google DNS 

Preferred DNS Server 8.8.8.8
Alternative DNS Server 8.8.4.4

-ipv6 connectivity -> Go to advanced -> Go to DNS tab -> Locate the box that says "use this connection DNS suffix in DNS registration" -> Check this box.

-Execute netsh winsock reset -> Restart machine

-All from this "http://optimizewindows8.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/how-to-fix-limited-wi-fi-connectivity-issue-in-windows-8-1/"

-All from this "http://atechjourney.com/fix-wi-fi-keeps-disconnecting-in-windows-8-and-8-1.html/"

-With inSSIDer i looking for signal strenght but it's over 65DB constantly

-Turn Off all other WiFi Devices even Plug Out ethernet cables

-Change WiFi Chanells just in case(even after i power off WiFi on other devices), overlapping (none)

-Exit application Lenovo Power Management

-Disable Saving on batter, Set Maximum Performance

Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2015-01-07, 22:49 PM

By nothing start to work i think on wifi adapter(signal strenght is 5 of 5 bars but i can't get connection) my isp check my router after i press connect they can't see that laptop try to connect on router. Some time i can connect on router but it's really random connection and crash after max 10min. I just was install w8.1 x64 over old w7 x64, nothing was installed on laptop.

On the Lenovo web page W8.1 is listed as working out of the box, i have before W7 X64 and all working great so my router is't problem or my laptop, i have friends with W8 and they say that drivers working as should do.

"http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-u-series-laptops/ideapad-u510-notebook/downloads/DS038043"

I try next things:

-Disable under WiFi Properties all but "TCP/IPvv4, QoS packet Schedluer and Client for Microsot Networks" (and i get some functionality but again WiFi after 1-30min stop working, and after that i can't start WiFi)

-Set Google DNS 

-ipv6 connectivity -> Go to advanced -> Go to DNS tab -> Locate the box that says "use this connection DNS suffix in DNS registration" -> Check this box.

-All from this "http://optimizewindows8.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/how-to-fix-limited-wi-fi-connectivity-issue-in-windows-8-1/"

-All from this "http://atechjourney.com/fix-wi-fi-keeps-disconnecting-in-windows-8-and-8-1.html/"

-With inSSIDer i looking for signal strenght but it's over 65DB constantly

-Change WiFi Chanells just in case(even after i power off WiFi on other devices), overlapping (none)

Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2015-01-07, 22:52 PM

Who constantly deleting my post??

Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2015-01-07, 22:56 PM

By nothing start to work i think on wifi adapter(signal strenght is 5 of 5 bars but i can't get connection) my isp check my router after i press connect they can't see that laptop try to connect on router. Some time i can connect on router but it's really random connection and crash after max 10min. I just was install w8.1 x64 over old w7 x64, nothing was installed on laptop.

On the Lenovo web page W8.1 is listed as working out of the box, i have before W7 X64 and all working great so my router is't problem or my laptop, i have friends with W8 and they say that drivers working as should do.

I try next things:

-Set Google DNS

-With inSSIDer i looking for signal strenght but it's over 65DB constantly

Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2015-01-07, 22:59 PM

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-u-series-laptops/ideapad-u510-notebook/downloads/DS038043

I try next things:

-Set Google DNS

-All from this http://optimizewindows8.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/how-to-fix-limited-wi-fi-connectivity-issue-in-windows-8-1/

-All from this http://atechjourney.com/fix-wi-fi-keeps-disconnecting-in-windows-8-and-8-1.html/

-With inSSIDer i looking for signal strenght but it's over 65DB constantly

Options

14 Posts

01-01-2015

23 Signins

162 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2015-01-07, 23:01 PM

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms