Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-25-2009

Washington

5 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 6

VISTA problems

2009-10-19, 20:04 PM

Operating system on PC has been a problem child since birth of it., No products really run well if it doesn’t take the software operating system  down, and now they come out with a new version  so we are to just fork over another cost to fix the other operating system,,,,because of the faults of operating system.  I purchased a new PC for my son, A Y530 laptop and had this operating system on it,,once we put on a Virus protector its been a mess since.  Also read the article in USA today via Edward C. Baig  of Oct 16th copy in Money section.  It hits it on the door nob.  I’m a tech and this totally amazes me an operating system that it was ever released or a stepping method of marketing for the new operating system was the approch.  To me if we bought a PC with the said operating system we should get a copy of new operating system also.  Just for the fix of the problem child system.  The bad operating system was released Jan 30 2007 and never has run, always slow and a problem with being compatible with other products and messes up the operating system.  My son is away at school(college) and this has been a tolerating problem of constant reboot to keep working, and no fix has been made via calls to microsoft nor IBM.  The PC is costly and its not like we are going to keep buying one that works until we get one that works.  My suggestion is why not look at apple;s software it seems more stable, any help can help at this point.  I suspect I'll have to fork over the 200.00 for the new operating system  at this point.  Just amazing.

Options

4 Posts

05-19-2008

USA

198 Signins

1424 Page Views

• Views: 1424
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: VISTA problems

2009-10-20, 19:04 PM

Um...this may be a hardware problem...just my thought.

Options

25 Posts

10-05-2009

us

42 Signins

582 Page Views

• Views: 582
  • Message 3 of 6

2009-10-20, 19:30 PM

There really aren't that many problems with vista, when it boils down to it. Your son should grasp a better understanding of how his computer works and what to download and not download. It's as simple as that. Take the few minutes to understand how it works. If you can understand the concept that you do not want to run unknown .exe files you pretty much eliminate the virus issue. If not, you're better off over paying for a Mac. And later down the road you'll be wondering why they're charging you $500 dollars to replace an out of warranty fan (friend's experience). Your son should be able to get an upgrade copy of Windows 7 for free or very cheap from his school. I recommend doing a fresh install of Windows 7 and not re-installing any of the bloat ware (lenovo software) that will cause him problems. I am running it now with no issues or hitches, on the "slowest" y450 model. Also, if he is experiencing the random shutdown issue he should update the BIOS. 

Also, what "products" are you trying to run with Vista? Most users are going to use their web browser and possibly an Office suite. Less "products" run on OSX than Vista.

Options

8 Posts

09-25-2009

Washington

5 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 4 of 6

2009-10-23, 5:24 AM

Well since Microsoft pretty much has stated that Vista has several issues mainly with applications and pour response.  Plus so many bad registers.

So for a short period of time a couple years they bag it and goto Windows 7.  Your wrong its a bad version. Of course I've only been in the business for 42 years.  Started in the 360 model 20 single task operating system 32K machine all the way through the 370 series and some Amdaul systems with workings with mainly VTAM/NCP and now using and retired with PC.   A very little patients for some products of today.  I have two Apples at home and never an issue but as this system is a Microsoft operating system and never has had an issue.  You may want to read some of your blogs that people write in on problem occurances.  Even Vista could be fixed up but who would want to bother. and your right he can get a less expensive copy of windows 7 at school but what I did is get a developers copy and installed it.  the system is running much improved.

The product that caused the initial problem was a fire wall protection.  But doens't matter at this point.

Options

25 Posts

10-05-2009

us

42 Signins

582 Page Views

• Views: 582
  • Message 5 of 6

2009-10-23, 6:57 AM

XP was better at the time, it still wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Especially the version that should have shipped with your computer.  Windows 7 is based on Vista. It's just better, and faster. I watched it progressively get better and better, build by build, since this time last year. Why did you even bother to post if knew you could get a free copy.

Options

4096 Posts

01-05-2008

Germany

22192 Signins

317430 Page Views

• Views: 317430
  • Message 6 of 6

2009-10-23, 6:57 AM

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms