Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

11-11-2009

london UK

95 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 391 of 453

Re: Win 7 upgrade program - delivery updates

2009-11-11, 21:12 PM

Uttrly pathetic excuses. How the hell can you say unexpected demand, when you know how many PCs have been sold>?

And why, when I could not find a delivery date and e-mailed mentor for an update, do I get an auto reply, promiseg a  reply  in TEN days. A pigeon could get from Singapore to yhe UK in that time!!

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 392 of 453

2009-11-11, 21:54 PM

All,

I know that  slow communications and the charges in advance of shipment are two of the major disatisfiers - we are working on them and I hope to have some additional updates for tomorrow on our progress..

In the mean time, a few things that may be helpful to share...

Resources are prioritized to address inquiries sent through the "contact us" button on the www.lenovo.com/windows7 update site (page 3 / 4 ) of the process.   The Mentor Media team is presently running about 5 days behind in responding to inquires through contact us (last week the backlog was more than a week) so progress is being made but still delayed.   Submissions other than through the contact us may have even longer response times.

Shipping methods - Canada and South American orders are going via UPS.  Standard UPS 1Zxxxx tracking numbers.   US orders are being handled by UPS Innovation - UPS picks up and hands off to the USPS which does the delivery.  Process overview and tracking site here.  These are not the normal UPS format tracking numbers - I believe members have reported "long" tracking numbers in the discussion previously.

As noted in the last several posts, emails are being sent to advise customers.  I've previously noted that Idea upgrade kits won't begin shipping until after Nov 16th, and the emails were intended to advise our customers who may not be involved / following the discussion here.   We also sent emails to advise Think customers - we still expect to have most of the Think backlog cleared up by the 16th.

Some members have commented that they didn't receive emails.  We have requested Mentor to do a comparison of the email distribution lists against the master file and identify any missed addresses and we will be following up in the next several days.

Thanks for working with us on this.   I know it has been frustrating, but as a number of members have indicated they have received their kits, I believe progress is being made and asking for a bit more patience.

UPDATE 11/12/09

US: UPS Innovation (UPS pickup and handoff to USPS - see above)

Canada & LA: UPS

EMEA: TNT MailFast (Mentor is working to resolve an issue where the expedited shipment inhibits tracking number - we expect this to be resolved by next week)

Asia: DHL

China: Fed EX

Best regards,

Mark

UPS Mail Innovations / USPS

Options

1 Posts

11-11-2009

Bratislava

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 393 of 453

2009-11-11, 22:49 PM

Mark,
some data for the beginning:

Order number 0160xxx

computer: Thinkpad T400 2767-1RG with Vista Business 32 (English)

order placed 26.8.2009 - after going through hoops ("registration"), because your system did not recognize your own model/serial numbers

card was charged 26.10.2009 - MM says 27.10.2009, but I happen to trust my bank more than MM

current status: "Fulfillment in progress"

price of the free upgrade: 17.32 EUR (25,74 USD)

This is my second time, that I'm dealing with Lenovo, and for second time, it is a disaster.

First time I was bying this computer. That should be simple enough, right? Yes, but Lenovo managed to deliver the order in 34 business days instead of 15 that was the original promise. Without a word of apology or anything. During the time I was waiting, Lenovo representatives were unable to tell me, what is the status of the order or when they expect to fulfill it.

This is second time that I'm dealing with Lenovo (or Mentor media or whoever they outsourced this job to). They charged my card two weeks ago and since them, I haven't heard of them. For almost 26 USD, I expect proactive daily updates what's going on (no "please wait", but real, useful information) until the package is shipped and shipment by courier, not mail (Mark, you didn't mention Europe among shipping methods. The world is not just North and South America). By the way, has anyone in Europe received the kit at all?

I came to the conclusion that this is not isolated failure at Lenovo, but manifestation of corporate culture. If I'm not an account that purchases thousands of machines, sales and customer fulfillment at Lenovo does not care. 
Mark, situation like this has impact also on you - you may blog about great toys at Inside the Box, but I know I will not purchase any of it, because until now every time I dealt with Lenovo, the experience was bad.

Options

106 Posts

09-23-2009

United States

197 Signins

1875 Page Views

• Views: 1875
  • Message 394 of 453

2009-11-11, 23:56 PM

Mark

You stated you sent emails to think customers but I for one never received any emails. It's also been 2 1/2 weeks since I was charged for one upgrade and haven't seen anything of it or even received a email it was shipped.

In short the whole process is still broken as far as I'm concerned.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 395 of 453

2009-11-12, 0:25 AM

Tomas,

Sorry that you've had back to back disapointments from us in receiving things in a timely fashion.  I agree with you and Mack909 and everyone else who has expressed frustration over the delay between the shipping charge and the actual order shipment.  We are working on this as a top concern.

I also understand and completely agree with you that having great products and promoting them isn't enough to be successful, we have to deliver on all aspects of the customer experience, including customer service.  

Mack909,

I appreciate the feedback that not everyone got an email - we are working on determining which customers were not notified, and are getting that corrected.   Thanks for letting us know.  

Mark

Options

5 Posts

07-14-2009

Houston, TX USA

92 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 396 of 453

2009-11-12, 1:07 AM

Mark,

Is there any update on IdeaPad shipping or is it still on track to start shipping on the 16th?

Options

27 Posts

10-26-2009

Morganton, NC

246 Signins

1175 Page Views

• Views: 1175
  • Message 397 of 453

2009-11-12, 1:36 AM

Well, my windows 7 professional 64bit  arrived for my x200 multitouch Tablet  -- did a "clean" install with the upgrade disks, downloaded systems update 4 and all works great -- touchscreen, pen, wifi, etc etc.   Just thought I'd share some good news.  :smileywink:

Options

1 Posts

11-12-2009

Singapore

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 398 of 453

2009-11-12, 6:10 AM

Just to add in that MM and Lenovo woes continue in Singapore as well. Received a mail saying that my package will be delivered in 3-5 days and a link to SingPost tracking website. So far no signs of delivery and SingPost tracking website doesnt show any items against the tracking id sent by MM ( which strangely is same as my order no. rather than a SingPost tracking ID ). As usual, a mail thru MM 'contact us' option generates automated reply citing 10 working days to respond. TEN working days to respond to query on a delivery that is supposed to take 3-5 days!! How funny!

Incidentally this is my first thinkpad purchase. All this mess doesnt reflect good on Lenovo and more so on ThinkPad brand. 

Options

12 Posts

11-03-2009

Singapore

10 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 399 of 453

2009-11-12, 6:22 AM

wrote:

wrote:

I from Singapore, i m too waiting for my upgrade kit, but mine is a idea series, shipping had been delayed till Nov 16th

Surprisingly, my status finally got updated to "Ready to Ship". Let's see how long it'll actually take them to get it to my mailbox.

It arrived 2 days after I posted that. It was hand-delivered by DHL to my Singapore address with no sender info at all. A simple manila envelope, came with a Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Media disc (64-bit) and a Companion Disc for Windows 7 Upgrade Media disc.

Since this is an "upgrade" disc, how is everyone doing a fresh install? Must I install a full version of a previous-version Windows, THEN upgrade to Win7?

Options

7 Posts

11-12-2009

UK

21 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 400 of 453

2009-11-12, 11:53 AM

I'm in the UK. I got charged a couple of weeks back, but still no sign of the goods and no email to tell me why.

Have tried contacting MM, got the usual 10 day message so wont hold my breath.

The FAQ on the MM site states that payment will only be taken when the goods are dispatched. This is clearly bu*****t.

I registered my own work laptop for the upgrade as a pioneer to test the new technology on the Lenovo platform.

My organisation has dozens of Lenovos after we switched to the brand as a preferred supplier this year. We can change our minds just as quickly, and this incident may well help in that decision.

Why outsource something so important to a company so incompetent?

Every one of my posts on this forum is about the failure of the "Free" Windows 7 upgrade program. You too can experience it: go to www.lenovo.com/windows7
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)