Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

11-03-2009

Singapore

10 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 401 of 453

Re: Win 7 upgrade program - delivery updates

2009-11-12, 12:58 PM

When I got my discs today, I noticed that on the back cover of the cheap instruction booklet, it says:

LENOVO

Part Number: 57Y2084

CD recorded in Singapore

Insert printed in Singapore

Maybe that's why I got my discs so quickly here in Singapore. Still ended up paying $15 (S$22+) for 'shipping', but at least I have them now in less than two weeks from the order date. Hope you guys get yours soon!

Options

38 Posts

09-01-2009

New York

310 Signins

6623 Page Views

• Views: 6623
  • Message 402 of 453

2009-11-12, 15:31 PM

Mark:

I paied $ 17.03. to ship my product and it still has not shipped. i am getting ver frustrated with this. what is the problem. how is lenovo going to make this better. will they refund my shipping.

Thanks

Ben

Options

7 Posts

11-12-2009

UK

21 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 403 of 453

2009-11-12, 16:20 PM

I got forwarded this by someone at Lenovo today when I phoned them to chase the order.

Looks like 18th November is an important day... But dates can change of course (and no doubt will)

Dear Lenovo Customer,

Due to unprecedented demand, we are behind schedule in processing Windows 7 upgrade orders.  Shipments of Windows 7 upgrades for THINK products began on October 22,  and all currently placed ThinkPad and ThinkCentre upgrade orders should be processed in the next 7-10 days.  Once your order is ready, we will send e-mail instructions so you can complete your transaction on-line.   Once shipped, the upgrade kit will reach you within 5 to 10 business days.   We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.  

Note:  Customers seeking order status -or- order assistance for Windows 7 upgrades as part of a new system purchased from Lenovo can access the Windows 7 Upgrade site at
www.lenovo.com/windows7 , where they can choose the "Request Upgrade" button and then the "To check on order status" link.  

Here are the current key issues for the Windows 7 Upgrade Program  (web site:  www.lenovo.com/windows7)  

1.  The Windows 7 Upgrade shipments for Idea products will not begin until mid to late November.  However, the backlog is expected to clear quickly.

2.  Our Windows 7 Upgrade shipment schedule is improving dramatically for Think products.  Our target to fulfill the existing backlog is 11/18 but we're striving to shorten that.

3.  E-mail responses to customer inquiries for order status at www.lenovo.com/windows7 are averaging 1 week due to the backlog.  Capacity has been expanded for the response team.  Think e-mail response time has improved to 5 days average.  Lenovo's target is less than 48 hours.

4.  How can customers obtain order status?
Customers seeking order status -or- order assistance for Windows 7 upgrades as part of a system purchased from Lenovo can access the Windows 7 Upgrade site at www.lenovo.com/windows7 , where they can choose the "Request Upgrade" button and then the "To check on order status" link.  

Every one of my posts on this forum is about the failure of the "Free" Windows 7 upgrade program. You too can experience it: go to www.lenovo.com/windows7
Options

16 Posts

11-11-2009

london UK

95 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 404 of 453

2009-11-12, 16:38 PM

Rubbish!!

Quote  Once your order is ready, we will send e-mail instructions so you can complete your transaction on-line. 

I received an email last week, paid, AND THEN I was told that the order was awaiting fulfillment (as it still is!)

So how can they say that the email is sent out 'when your order is ready'?

Options

40 Posts

09-23-2009

Vienna

69 Signins

719 Page Views

• Views: 719
  • Message 405 of 453

2009-11-12, 16:41 PM

awaiting fulfillment is like "hey, we are looking for a company that brings you the upgrade"

then "Fulfillment in Progress", which COULD mean: "we are trying to get the best deal"

and THEN its beeing shipped

Options

2 Posts

11-11-2009

Thousand Oaks, California

7 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 406 of 453

2009-11-12, 17:41 PM

I just received my shipment confirmation today stating that my order should be arriving in 3-5 days. According to the tracking ID my order arrived in town yesterday so I imagine I will be seeing it some time today. Nice!

Options

54 Posts

11-09-2009

USA

202 Signins

1542 Page Views

• Views: 1542
  • Message 407 of 453

2009-11-12, 19:35 PM

wrote:

Dear Lenovo Customer,

1.  The Windows 7 Upgrade shipments for Idea products will not begin until mid to late November.  However, the backlog is expected to clear quickly.

This is just ducky.

Now all of us who have 'second-class' purchases, i.e. 'Idea or Value Line' in Lenovo's eyes can just wait longer.  Or a lot longer.

I have in my hands at the moment a simply wonderful product.

It was clearly designed for the Brazilian etc. customers which expert designers who have been producing our laptops in various branches of Taiwanese family corporations in China understand need all the best computing power at the 80% thus not premium price level, coupled with ultra-strong mechanical design, and a clean, capable appearance.

In other words, a superb design.

All their capability and effort is hamstrung, because of a typical corporatic disaster.

- don't prepare where you have all the information to, start processing on the date results are due.

- discover the main company can't deliver on its personalizing software. An ancient story repeats.

- fumble and prevaricate, don't communicate, communicate generalities

- get angry when customers don't accept this

- pull messages when customers mention this behaviour

- promise communication which does not appear, over and over

- shift blame to a partner which is clearly overloaded

- bill credit cards a month in advance of any possibility of actual delivery

- trickle out more and more bad news, slowly, as delays mount.

- arrange delivery when it comes through an obtuse, multiple-layered supplier chain, ending in....the USPS.  My goodness.

And the kicker:

- Charge a fat fee of nearly $20 for this 'free upgrade's shipping'.  Which no other manufacturer does. Which is exhorbitant even if delivery were made.

Is this letter intemperate? 

Wouldn't you be?

Options

54 Posts

11-09-2009

USA

202 Signins

1542 Page Views

• Views: 1542
  • Message 408 of 453

2009-11-12, 19:57 PM

wrote:

I got forwarded this by someone at Lenovo today when I phoned them to chase the order.

Dear Lenovo Customer,

Due to unprecedented demand

1.  The Windows 7 Upgrade shipments for Idea products will not begin until mid to late November.

Ok.

I wrote a very charged note about this, but pulled it.

As, what good does it do?

I have a work of art, literally, in my hands to write this note:  an example of what the Chinese designers can really do, when they prepare computers for all the persons of the world.

Lenovo's evidently Western-based operations 'office' could fix the 'slight problem' they have caused very simply.

- arrange that our Windows 7 license keys are emailed to us. Now.

- put up the Windows 7 installer disc images (iso) up on the internet for download

This will let us proceed, and give Lenovo Operations the time it evidently needs to get its house in order. As well as have the hard-copy results, license keys and disks, shipped to us from Singapore.  And USPS (for $17???) to deliver them.

Is there any reason not to use modern technology to fix the problems?

I keep thinking of those expert designers, and what becomes of their work.

Options

7 Posts

11-04-2009

Connecticut

10 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 409 of 453

2009-11-12, 20:00 PM

It appears the lenovo/mentor Win7 upgrade page is very slow... looks like their server must be getting swamped after sending out those emails.

Options

177 Posts

08-17-2009

North Carolina, USA

208 Signins

2827 Page Views

• Views: 2827
  • Message 410 of 453

2009-11-12, 20:20 PM

Received my shipment confirmation this morning. It actually shipped on the 9th. The tracking number led me correctly to my package progress. It is in the hands of USPS so I'm expecting it soon! My pay date was Nov 25th. This is for a W700.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms