11-12-2009

Milpitas

10 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 411 of 453

Re: Win 7 upgrade program - delivery updates

2009-11-12, 22:06 PM

Beside the "$18 free windows 7 upgrade" fact, I have not receive any email regarding the upgrade program status. I called customer service and they didn't know anything. I had to do search to find this forum and found out that I was not the only one. I have been using IBM/Lenovo for many years. I love my new T400s have been recommending it to many people.

I am very disappointed on how Lenovo has handled this upgrade program. You guys know exactly how many people would qualify for the "free upgrade", and from the amount of complaints I see here, I don't think much was done to make this transition easy.

I know I am just another person in the long list who is frustrated with this thing, but my intent is to voice opinion and hopefully change this "top concern" to "urgent concern"... or maybe "we are going to lose a lot of customer if we don't get this right concern".

When all of these people need replacement computer, I wonder how many will choose Lenovo and it fantastic free upgrade?

Options

7 Posts

11-04-2009

Connecticut

10 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 412 of 453

2009-11-13, 0:46 AM

OK, after calling a third time asking Mentor Media to send me an email with the link to change my credit card #, I finally got it.(  Now that I think about it, I should have just asked  for the URL over the phone..)Had to be very persistent and assertive (but not abusive) on the phone. Link worked, took a long time to go through but my status went from

10/25/2009 4:26:50 PMReason Unknown for Payment_code,Reason_code = GUS,DECLINE-NOT CAPTURED

to

PENDING DEDUCTION

Now it's a matter of waiting for the charges to go through. I double checked my credit card number, there's no reason it shouldn't work now.

...though, the wesite still is super slow. Hope things don't get lost in the shuffle!:smileymad:

Options

13 Posts

10-08-2009

London

109 Signins

346 Page Views

• Views: 346
  • Message 413 of 453

2009-11-13, 1:12 AM

lenovo has failed this time. no excuse

they should do a refund to all if they want to redeem something.

Options

39 Posts

10-28-2009

Austin, TX

67 Signins

648 Page Views

• Views: 648
  • Message 414 of 453

2009-11-13, 1:41 AM

So... today marks exactly three months since I placed my upgrade order, three weeks since Windows 7 was released, and 18 days since my card was charged.

Still empty-handed.

Still "Fulfillment in progress" (has been for four days).

Still no e-mail updates from Lenovo or Mentor Media.

Too bad I don't drink...

R51 1836-Q7U
T500 2081-CTO
Options

3 Posts

08-17-2009

Calgary, Alberta

5 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 415 of 453

2009-11-13, 2:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

I got my Win 7  Professional 64-Bit upgrade discs yesterday from UPS on November 11th.

I received a

Order Shipment Confirmation email saying, "This is to inform that your order has been shipped and this completes your order.", on Fri, Nov 6, 2009.

There was no email to notify me about any tracking number for my shipment.

Payment was done on Sun, Oct 25, 2009

I love my T500, but the upgrade process has been very poor from a customer standpoint.

PC Model: 2081CTO  T500 Thinkpad

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2009

Australia

8 Signins

295 Page Views

• Views: 295
  • Message 416 of 453

2009-11-13, 5:43 AM

While the rest of the world gets UPS/TNT/DHL and Fed Ex to deliver their Windows 7 Upgrade Discs, in Australia the discs are being sent via post from Hong Kong.

I’m really annoyed paying 28 USD for "FREE" upgrade discs, and then having them shipped by snail mail.  I would have expected the discs to at least be shipped by DHL or FedEx for this cost.

I was given a shipment notification on the 5th November from Mentor media, along with a tracking number (RA93444____HK)  and a track and trace website (www.eparcel.com.au). The tracking number does not give me any results on the eparcel website.

I figured out from the tracking number that the origin of the parcel is Hong Kong, and I did a trace of the parcel on the Hong Kong Post website - the tracking status as of 13th November states:

Outward Registered Letter
Destination - Australia
The item (RA93444____HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 5-Nov-2009.

Hmmm.... how long should it take for a letter to depart Hong Kong?

I have tried contacting Mentor Media on the 9th November about the shipping status, but there is a 10 working day wait for a response. I also tried emailing the Hong Kong Post about the Parcel, but have not received a response from them. Today I even called the Hong Kong Post about the shipment, they told me it’s being processed for departure, and could not give me a time frame when it would depart Hong Kong. I asked them to check if the parcel may be lost in the system, but they told me that the sender has to make that request.

I believe the shipment has got lost. Hong Kong Post state as one of the performance pledges to:

"Despatch outward airmail items, posted before the advertised latest time for posting, to the designated air carrier within the same day or the following working day." http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/pledge/detail5/index.htm

When one or two digits in the tracking number are changed, I can get information for other registered letter shipments to Australia, and there are letters which departed Hong Kong on the 6th November, and 11th November.

There is not many options left now, apart from contacting Mentor Media and waiting....... i dont think the Windows 7 upgrade will be coming anytime soon!

Options

3 Posts

09-28-2009

Vanouver

156 Signins

1429 Page Views

• Views: 1429
  • Message 417 of 453

2009-11-13, 7:42 AM

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I got my Win 7  Professional 64-Bit upgrade discs yesterday from UPS on November 11th.

I received a

Order Shipment Confirmation email saying, "This is to inform that your order has been shipped and this completes your order.", on Fri, Nov 6, 2009.

I love my T500, but the upgrade process has been very poor from a customer standpoint.

Same here via UPS. I did an upgrade as I have a lot of complex audio software on my T400 that requires Challenge Response authorization, and I didn't want to go through that process again.

I followed the reasonably clear instructions provided with the disks and the upgrade went very smoothly. All is well so far.

I still have the S: SERVICEV0003 partion though. I'm not sure why it's still there! Does anyone know if it has any functionality now that Windows 7 is installed?

There was no apparent additional Vista OS stuff floating around either.

I installed the new Rescue and Recovery and did a backup to my 2nd hard drive and it appeared to complete without a hitch.

I haven't noticed a perfomance improvement over Vista,  but it looks nicer.  Perhaps when I find the time to tweak the OS a bit I will be able to achieve an Enhanced Experience!

Options

39 Posts

10-28-2009

Austin, TX

67 Signins

648 Page Views

• Views: 648
  • Message 418 of 453

2009-11-13, 16:32 PM

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I received a

When did you place your upgrade order, if you don't mind my asking?  I have the exact same computer, am waiting for the exact same version of Win7, and my payment was processed on the exact same day.  I'm getting nothing but static so far.

R51 1836-Q7U
T500 2081-CTO
Options

5 Posts

11-13-2009

United States of America

17 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 419 of 453

2009-11-13, 18:02 PM

Hi, I purchased a Lenovo T400 on August 24 (Order Lenovo Order 2DV277). A week or two later, I purchased  the Windows 7 Upgrade DVD (as the Lenovo USA site promised I could do). I understood that the DVD would be delivered shortly after Windows 7 was released.

On October 25 I received a confirmation that my credit card was charged. On November 5 I received a confirmation that the DVD was shipped (see below). I have used the tracking number to go to http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/default.aspx, but the DVD information looks incomplete. It says it was sent to Houston, but there is no delivery statement (and indeed I have received nothing).

I can be patient, but only up to a point. The time I have waited for Windows 7 has disrupted my schedule; I work in software, and I've been delaying some testing/administration actions until Windows 7 is ready. I have been in a holding pattern.

I called your   Mentor Media number, (1.909.930.0800) and said all lines are busy, please leave a message. After I left a message, the voice said, "Mailbox is full... Your message was not saved."

I am sending a copy of this email to Lenovo to demand appropriate action. If this Windows 7 DVD cannot be in my hand by COB Friday November 27, I will demand Lenovo to refund 100% of my money for the original laptop. Lenovo induced me to purchase this laptop under false pretenses; the Lenovo website specifically said that I would be allowed to obtain the upgrade, and my purchase was predicated specifically on that asumption. If it takes Amazon.com 3 business days to send a movie DVD, a reasonable person would conclude that the time you waited to send this DVD to me was unreasonable and extremely negligent.

When I called Lenovo support today (Friday November 13) to ask their help in resolving this problem, an agent named sarvotham (ID 17182) said that Lenovo's official recommendation was to use the Contact form (https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/LenovoWindows7Upgrade/Select_Lan.aspx)to resolve this nonfulfillment issue and that otherwise Lenovo would refuse to provide any other help. It is already clear that the media distribution company has been having problems on all counts. Regardless of whether Lenovo or mentormediacorps handles it, I plan to hold Lenovo accountable to the November 27 deadline. If I don't receive the media, on Monday morning November 30, I'm shipping the laptop back and demanding a refund.

I sincerely hope that Lenovo and mentormediacorp provide the DVD that I already paid for (and that I am entitled to as a condition of my August 24 purchase). However, even if I receive the media shortly, this episode reflects very poorly on Lenovo as a company. Just having to check up on order status and write this email has taken up a nontrivial amount of time. In the past I have written widely online  about Thinkpad(generally in a positive way). But as a result of the delay, I am afraid that I can no longer speak positively about your product, nor can I recommend this product to anyone I know.

Robert Nagle
idiotprogrammer@gmail.com
aka idiotprogrammer

Options

8 Posts

07-17-2009

CANADA

8 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 420 of 453

2009-11-13, 18:45 PM

Where the heck is it?  I've been waiting like everyone else, but enough is enough. 

I don't mind waiting but they should have NEVER CHARGED OUR CARDS till the product was received.  I will call my Credit Card company about this.  I never pay till I get.  It better come here soon, or they can shove their DVD.

Everyone reading this post, should do the same and let Lenovo that we are NOT HAPPY. 

They tell us to pre-order to beat the rush, and I could've got the DVD on it's release date...hell of alot faster than waiting for them to promise us to "beat the rush"

Shame on you Lenovo.

...Bert

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms