Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

10-27-2009

USA

25 Signins

185 Page Views

• Views: 185
  • Message 451 of 453

Re: Win 7 upgrade program - delivery updates

2009-11-16, 2:25 AM

Ok well the big day is tomorrow! hopefully i get some changes on my order status and hopefully get my order by the this week (since im in cali and about 30 minutes away from the Ontario HQ) and thats if they are shipping from there.

Will keep everyone posted.

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23523 Signins

803305 Page Views

• Views: 803305
  • Message 452 of 453

2009-11-16, 2:58 AM

bht5000 wrote:

that is very disapointing. i am NOT telling anybody to take legal action. i simply said that writing a letter to lenovo may help the proceses move forward. the people who acculy make these choices need to know our disapoiintment with them. they do not read these blogs. so again how did this violate the terms of use?

My message upthread was responding to another poster's question about why his message had been removed, so I had to go look up the one you are referring to.

In it, you said:

I think everyone should bombard this pirson with the e-mails to get there attention

And then you posted that person's name, e-mail address and phone number.  Those actions violate not only the rule about not inciting others to disrupt Lenovo's business processes but also the ones about not posting personal information about Lenovo employees.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23523 Signins

803305 Page Views

• Views: 803305
  • Message 453 of 453

2009-11-16, 3:05 AM

All in all, I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.  Shipments for ThinkPad owners have begun, and shipments for ideaPad owners are due to start in a few days.

I've included Mark's most recent update below, and I'm going to lock the thread.  If Mark has any further updates about how shipping is going, he will be able to post them at the end of the thread for all to read.

wrote:

All,

I know that  slow communications and the charges in advance of shipment are two of the major disatisfiers - we are working on them and I hope to have some additional updates for tomorrow on our progress..

In the mean time, a few things that may be helpful to share...

Resources are prioritized to address inquiries sent through the "contact us" button on the www.lenovo.com/windows7 update site (page 3 / 4 ) of the process.   The Mentor Media team is presently running about 5 days behind in responding to inquires through contact us (last week the backlog was more than a week) so progress is being made but still delayed.   Submissions other than through the contact us may have even longer response times.

Shipping methods - Canada and South American orders are going via UPS.  Standard UPS 1Zxxxx tracking numbers.   US orders are being handled by UPS Innovation - UPS picks up and hands off to the USPS which does the delivery.  Process overview and tracking site here.  These are not the normal UPS format tracking numbers - I believe members have reported "long" tracking numbers in the discussion previously.

As noted in the last several posts, emails are being sent to advise customers.  I've previously noted that Idea upgrade kits won't begin shipping until after Nov 16th, and the emails were intended to advise our customers who may not be involved / following the discussion here.   We also sent emails to advise Think customers - we still expect to have most of the Think backlog cleared up by the 16th.

Some members have commented that they didn't receive emails.  We have requested Mentor to do a comparison of the email distribution lists against the master file and identify any missed addresses and we will be following up in the next several days.

Thanks for working with us on this.   I know it has been frustrating, but as a number of members have indicated they have received their kits, I believe progress is being made and asking for a bit more patience.

UPDATE 11/12/09

US: UPS Innovation (UPS pickup and handoff to USPS - see above)

Canada & LA: UPS

EMEA: TNT MailFast (Mentor is working to resolve an issue where the expedited shipment inhibits tracking number - we expect this to be resolved by next week)

Asia: DHL

China: Fed EX

Best regards,

Mark

UPS Mail Innovations / USPS

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms