Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-06-2009

Kentucky

4 Signins

158 Page Views

• Views: 158
  • Message 1 of 3

Windows 7 Upgrade Problems Ideapad Y550

2009-11-07, 3:45 AM

So I've been reading posts almost all day about people's problems after upgrading to Windows 7 and I must admit it has me quite worried. I have have ordered my free upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and had the PoP verified, but who knows when it will get here... Anyway, I have read about all sorts of the lenovo programs not having compatible drivers yet. Can anyone tell me what of the following will Or will not work once I upgrade?

- Fn Keys (including screen brightness adjustment)

- The Dolby touch button

- One touch theatre button

- That touch slide bar menu

- One key recovery

- Veriface

- MediaShow

- Let me know if there is anything else that won't work...

Another question, is the system update program compatible with my my notebook? Or do I really have to go down the list and upgrade all the drivers individually? (and if so does that mean updating all the latest drivers for vista, then upgrading, and doing it all again for W 7)

I have an Ideapad Y550 T4200 currently running Vista Home Premium 64 bit and plan on doing whatever you call the upgrade install (not the clean install, although I would gladly do that if it will keep my buttons working)

oh and if you can't tell by my noobishly phrased questions im exactly that a noob. I just want to be able to upgrade and have everything work... :smileysad:

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

moderator note: type added to subject line

Options

3 Posts

02-10-2010

California

5 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Problems Ideapad Y550

2010-02-10, 9:01 AM

Hi,

Did you ever get an answer? I waited a long time after getting the disk, and I am in the process of doing a clean install... Many of the things that wouldn't work earlier are working now. Lenovo has done updates on the drivers. However, I am going to have to do a fix for MediaShow. Calling customer support after I finish loading the rest of the things that may go wrong.

I'll post here if you still want help. I see it has been a while

K

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Problems Ideapad Y550

2010-02-10, 17:04 PM

i can say all the applications & functions will work on windows 7 ( i haven't tested veriface and mediashow, but i'm sure there'll be no issue  )

ugrading vista to windows 7, you may need to update your drivers, too.

just you need to update drivers for windows 7 from here ( if you receive drivers dvd, no need to )

if you have any trouble, you can use y & u serie section for more information or/and previous solutions.

( please search forum before posting a new thread )

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms