12-18-2009

Portland, Oregon

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 221 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2009-12-18, 10:29 AM

I do not know if any lenovo company executives read this forum but I feel completely dissatisfied and mislead from the first day I placed my order to my last attempt to contact anyone about the whole experience.  Today I tried to make contact through the windows 7 upgrade sight and when I tried to submit my message it came back "Server Error in '/Query' Application".....  My response before this was emailed to me in what I can only assume was broken English that I was unable to understand.  I have been waiting since October 10 and still there appears to be no sign of it being shipped.   THE WHOLE WORLD HAS WINDOWS 7, EXCEPT LENOVO,  THE PEOPLE WHO PROMISED IT!!

Options

1 Posts

12-18-2009

Iowa City, IA

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 222 of 470

2009-12-18, 15:58 PM

Like way too many others, I ordered my upgrade a long time ago, and my card has been billed for the free upgrade.

This is the worst computer-related buying experience ever for me.   Too many hoops, too little progress... Sad to say, but next chance I get, I'll be buying my own windows7 upgrade through the University I work at, unless by some miracle I receive my "free" copy very soon.  It also means that the lab I manage will not be buying 18-20k $ worth of new Lenovo pc's in January -- we'll be buying elsewhere. 

Shame.

Options

16 Posts

12-07-2009

Florida

121 Signins

1339 Page Views

• Views: 1339
  • Message 223 of 470

2009-12-18, 17:25 PM

I kind of feel bad for Mark I just spoke to him he is extremely professional and truly should get an extra couple weeks of vacation time next year, he answers his phone and returns calls .

This situation is a calamity of events however if vista wasn't such a terrible program maybe most of the customers wouldn't be all that upset... I got the win 7 upgrade for my wife's HP computer and installed it this week truly it looks a lot like Vista with a nice snappy feel.... fast to start up and shut down and great with wireless networks that's about it, so maybe in all reality it isn't worth busting a vein over all this.

Lenovo produces a great product at a reasonable price point and I will continue to rely on this company

John

Options

3 Posts

12-18-2009

UT

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 224 of 470

2009-12-18, 22:50 PM

Great question.  i am thinking about getting a K230, but only if i can get the upgrade.  I can't figure out what is going on with that either.

Options

3 Posts

12-18-2009

UT

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 225 of 470

2009-12-19, 1:45 AM

So, I called up costumer service and they said that it is just a typo on the drop down menu on the upgrade page.  She says to just select k23 as the model.  Maybe you should give it a try and let me know if it works.

Options

6 Posts

10-24-2009

United States

51 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 226 of 470

2009-12-19, 7:17 AM

Add me to the chorus. This is unbelievably slow and unsatisfactory. I sent my notification and proof of purchase back in October. The last email I received was on Nov. 10:

"Due to unprecedented demand, we are behind schedule in processing Windows 7 upgrade orders for IdeaPad and IdeaCentre systems. We expect to complete processing of your order by mid to late November. Once your order is ready, we will send you instructions to complete your transaction on-line. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience."

Can anyone tell me where I can find the phone number for customer service?

Lenovo Windows7 Upgrade For Idea Series - LENOVO0547588

Options

16 Posts

12-07-2009

Florida

121 Signins

1339 Page Views

• Message 227 of 470

2009-12-19, 14:52 PM

The phone number is on the web site however you may get more of a response from  community user name   Mark_lenovo  this is a rep from lenovo, Mark has been working hard to get us answers I spoke to him yesterday ...It sounds as if this problem originated from the Lenovo Singapore location. 

I have been tiring to get my update via emailing lenovo, phone calls Etc for about a month now but no luck I honestly believe that the US division of Lenovo is at the mercy of the cooperate office in Singapore and we are just going to have to deal with the disappointment

I have been angry as everyone else but I am now beyond anger and disappointment  so I am standing down and will wait for the upgrade to arrive and if it does it does if it doesn't I will just go out and  purchase a copy ...

Note from Moderator:  A comment which violated the forum rules was removed.

Options

47 Posts

10-22-2009

atlanta ga

537 Signins

1566 Page Views

• Views: 1566
  • Message 228 of 470

2009-12-19, 14:59 PM

i have a k230 but when i requested my free upgrade back on august 1st

there wasnt any drop down box at all

Options

16 Posts

12-07-2009

Florida

121 Signins

1339 Page Views

• Message 229 of 470

2009-12-19, 18:06 PM

I guess my last post was edited and you know I bought the lenovo because of the upgrade opportunity I will be forced to go out and purchase a new computer by January 1 2010 because the vista just isn't cutting it at my place of business and the wireless connection  I truly have been wondering why the win 7 upgrade has been such a problem I would just go out and buy a version of windows 7 but now I  am not confident that the drivers for my G530 will be compatible with a purchase of the windows 7 oh well we live and learn...

I am just trying to figure out what the true problem is.... If I do got out and purchase win 7 will I be out 130.00 as well because the drivers are not ready for the G530? 

I guess in the end even though I don't want to get excited I guess I am,  I paid 549.00 for this computer in July and to think I am going to have to put it on a shelf because I can't use it for the intended purpose truly is a violation of consumer trust

Options

3 Posts

12-20-2009

Las Vegas

14 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 230 of 470

2009-12-20, 8:56 AM

Mark_Lenovo wrote:
All,

There have been several speculative comments to the effect that we are dragging our feet in order to reject people at the end, allow the program to time out, etc, etc.   Not the case, I assure you.  

The way I understand it, as long as you submitted a valid request before the upgrade window (as established by Microsoft) closes, then your upgrade would be fulfilled, even if delivery were past the end of the upgrade order window.  

Mark is there any chance you can get confirmation that thous of us with pending orders will recieve our upgrades even if it doesnt ship by the cutoff date?

I know your working hard to help the Lenovo owning community, but I hope you can understand the mistrust many of us Lenono users have towards Lenovo when it comes to the whole Win7 situation.

Please don't take it as a personal attack against you.

I personally would feel alot more comfortable with a confirmation.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete