Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-20-2010

Toronto Canada

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 361 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-01-20, 19:19 PM

I purchased my ideapad Y450 based on a recommendation from CNET through the Lenovo website in mid-November and still have not been able to complete the on-line Windows7 upgrade request on-line - it hangs.

I've been told to contact MentorMedia directly which doesn't seem fair since I am a (rather disgruntled) client of Lenovo not MentorMedia, Lenovo's service provider for Windows7. Are Canadian customers getting a raw deal? What can I do about this before I begin to complain to ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE?

Options

3 Posts

01-20-2010

Connecticut, USA

4 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 362 of 470

2010-01-20, 23:46 PM

Hello Lenovo Customer Support People.

It might be a good idea to check up on this process that Lenovo has outsourced to MentormediaCorp.com. 

There's a lot of buzz on the web, and indeed in this forum about poor customer support from MentormediaCorp.com.

It does't reflect well on Lenovo, perhaps one could consider seeing how well the process is working.

Thanks!

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23523 Signins

803305 Page Views

• Views: 803305
  • Message 363 of 470

2010-01-21, 0:23 AM

Tpad_Customer wrote:

Hello Lenovo Customer Support People.

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

Having said that, see Mark's message at http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion/Windows-7-Upgrade-fulfillment-discussion/m-p/193102#M6876 for the latest update.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

27 Posts

01-09-2010

Longmont, Colorado

89 Signins

902 Page Views

• Views: 902
  • Message 364 of 470

2010-01-21, 9:39 AM

Janet, I certainly understand and can appreciate your standard welcoming reply to Tpad_Customer.  I personally think it is all about customer communications, information and expectation setting.  When customers get no / incorrect correct information, that can certainly result in frustration and some of the angry responses as seen in this forum and many others on the internet regarding Lenovo customer service.

I also think a prudent customer is reasonable to expect a simple upgrade order to be fulfilled in less that 45 - 90 days.  I have known some folks to have their Lenovo Windows 7 upgrade received in 2-3 weeks, which then can lead others waiting 30 - 45 days for their order status to even reflect the "Proof of Purchase" has been accepted, to think something is wrong with the order / process.   When Lenovo has tools (ThinkAdvantage) that can tell you how many warranty days you have left, but Lenovo cannot verify a ThinkPad machine type serial number timely, I think Tpad_Customer post is spot on.  Is the process working?  There are so many simple ways this fulfillment process could have occurred and it sounds like a few other companies got the fulfillment process correct.

A common thread in this forum has been folks frustrated by a lack of timely information or the ability to get responses (information).  So I have to agree your statement "You may or may not get an answer....." is essentially true no matter who in Lenovo you contact.

Options

7 Posts

01-18-2010

USA

4 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 365 of 470

2010-01-21, 17:17 PM

As I'd stated in a previous note, whomever at Lenovo was responsible for this program should lose their job, as it's been a complete failure in the way of fulfillment and customer communication.

I paid for mine in November, and still nothing.  Not happy, probably won't purchase another Lenovo product, even with my IBM discount.

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2010

POLAND

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 366 of 470

2010-01-21, 19:01 PM

I have a problem with Mentor Media.

My card number was bad and now i can't to change my card number. I have received a mail with that something: invalid card number click:  '' @ PAYMENT_URL ''. That links has gone wrong. Help!

Lenovo Y550

Since 2009/12/17 I haven't received a answer for my 7 mails.

LENOVO1140473

Windows Vista HP 32-bit POLISH ---->> Windows 7 HP 32-bit POLISH

PS: I can't good speak english:D

Options

63 Posts

10-23-2009

Poland

397 Signins

1601 Page Views

• Views: 1601
  • Message 367 of 470

2010-01-21, 19:48 PM

May be i will no help you a lot but i think you should contact directly with Lenovo Polska. How ever make sure you have correct phone number becouse in my case technical support informations included in system preferences window (right mouse button on My Computer and then Preferences) directs you to ...... IBM customer service in Poland even that this are years when IBM is not supporting lenovo products. In my case they make my serial no valid, so maybe they can do anything about your problem.

Moze nie pomoge Ci za wiele ale powiniennes skontaktowac sie bezposrednio z Lenovo Polska. W kazdym razie upewnij sie, ze masz wlasciwy numer telefonu poniewaz w moim wypadku ten ktory jest we wlasciwosciach systemu (prawy klawisz na moj komputer wlasciwosci) nalezy do serwisu IBM, ktory od lat juz nie wspiera lenovo. W moim przypadku sprawili, ze system przyjal moj numer seryjny, wiec moze Tobie tez pomoga.

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2010

POLAND

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 368 of 470

2010-01-21, 21:43 PM

Moderator edit: The language of this forum is English. It's OK to post the Polish as well, as long as you post the English. Use Google Translate!

it's not about just a serial number that I entered the wrong credit card number and received an email from the broken link. I wrote to them 7 times already through the contact form at Lenovo Upgrades. Lenovo Poland specifically, the toll from the washes his hands and says it's not their department.

tu nie chodzi o numer seryjny tylko o to, że podałem zły numer karty kredytowej i otrzymałem maila z niedziałającym linkiem. Pisałem do nich już 7 razy poprzez formularz kontaktu w Lenovo Upgrade. Lenovo Polska a konkretnie ich infolinia umywa od tego ręce i mówi, że to nie ich dział.

Options

28 Posts

07-22-2009

USA

43 Signins

748 Page Views

• Views: 748
  • Message 369 of 470

2010-01-23, 13:34 PM

Hello Everyone;

Well ,, here is my CRAZY but SAD STORY....................<very frustrated>....

Laptop Model = W500CTO   S/N - L####-#K

Oder  date = June 09

FIRST DELIVER=  DOA  , wouldnt boot up !!!

2ND Delivery of latptop    = MISSING parts (no fingureprint reader)

3rd Delivery of laptop       = NO Virus software ( but rest of things there)

Was resigned to fact that LENOVO cannot deleiver items as order states , so kept it

First month of use = HARD DRIVE CRASHED

(got replacement and REcovery DVD = 5 weeks later)

Windows 7 UPGADE::

1) Order placed  = Oct 2009  (lenovo  ####) onumber given

2) Order achnologed  Nov ( credit card charged  > got email notice

3) Email saying order  " REshipped"  due to addreess ERROR    ((( email DEC2009))

SHOCKED HORROR  my shiiping address = same as BILLING address

{{ so tried to call , email LENOVO .........NO RESPONSE}}

4)Called/EMAILED  my "old" contact - person who had in past worked with me in CUSTOMER DELIGHT TEAM ( what a name ey!!)   NO RESPONSE , not even acnolodge that contact was made ,,,dang>

5)  Emailed  LENOVO EVP .............someone I know ,,, on personal level

HE US AWAY ON VACATION , and thats where I am stuck !!!

6) lesson learned  =  DONT BUY LENOVO , and tell anyone else you know  = not buy their products!!!

I might sound bitter and frustrated  but i have patitnly waited and TRIED to deal with issues , as they come and have had bought a NEW LAPtop from HP (about same time as lenovo's item)), and YES had issues with the windows and hardware...................NEVER HAVE HAD any problems with HP getting back to me AND they have had a person that can TAKE CHARGE OF ISSUE and see it to the end!!!

And I been a IBM/Lenovo Customer since  my first - IBM 220 laptop (1980's models) and its still going strong !!!

Thinkpads - W;X &T Series (work)
Home- T60p;T43p;T20
few others
Options

4 Posts

01-23-2010

Poland

16 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 370 of 470

2010-01-23, 23:09 PM

LENOVO0981819 order number
Model: Lenovo G550
System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
I gave the wrong number and a debit card would ask for the correct link to change your data.

Numer porządkowy LENOVO0981819
Model: Lenovo G550
System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Dałem zły numer karty debetowej i prosili o poprawny link do zmiany danych.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms