Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 381 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-01-26, 10:26 AM

http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/windows7-sitelet/index.html

so you went through this site to do the upgrade? there should be an email sent to you regarding whether the order went through. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

1 Posts

01-28-2010

India

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 382 of 470

2010-01-28, 21:39 PM

Hallo,

Mark_Lenovo.

I have ordered for windows7 home premium,and my order is pending for proof of purchase, though I have proof of purchase but I cannot send it  as I donot know  where to send it. I got only one mail from mentormedia containing the Order no. Please  give me the address where I can mail the copy of my proof of purchase.

Regards.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Subho.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 383 of 470

2010-01-29, 13:08 PM

Subhodatt,

I would recommend you go back to the registration site and click the 'contact us' button in the top right and send an inquirity to mentor media along with your proof of purchase.  Be sure to include your order number Lenovoxxxxx on the form.  I just checked the FAQ there and agree that it says they will send you an email that you can reply to, when submitting proof of purchase so if you didn't receive this, I would suggest you use the email form through the registration site to contact them and send it in.  You might also just re-check the email they sent you already to see if you can reply to it, and include your proof of purchase.

SherryO,

The K230 was initially not included, but later added to the site as a valid option.   Did you receive some rejection on this?   Please send me a private message with your order number Lenovoxxxxxxx and I'll see what can be done on this.   If you have been charged, we should ship - no doubt!

All,

Per Microsoft's terms, the Windows 7 upgrade program is coming to a close.  Here are some of the important dates for the Lenovo progream to keep in mind...

January 31, 2010 – Last day to purchase a qualifying Lenovo PC

February 28, 2010 – Last day to register via the Lenovo Windows 7 upgrade site

March 5, 2010 – Last day to submit proof of purchase

March 15, 2010 – Last day to submit payment information (for shipping & handling)

April 30, 2010 – Final Windows 7 upgrade shipments completed

Best regards,

Mark

Options

11 Posts

01-18-2010

Katowice, Poland

76 Signins

663 Page Views

• Views: 663
  • Message 384 of 470

2010-01-29, 16:14 PM

Dear Mark_Lenovo

I bought my Ideapd y530 on 10 january 2010 and then i registered in Lenovos's program "actualization to the Win7" i made it  20 january 2010 (i got mail  from Lenovoauto-sg@mentormediacorp.com.and i sent documentation which confirm  that i bought it). The same day after registration process  i saw/heard  deffect in my laptop. I went to the shop and they exchanged  this invalid laptop to the new pcs, i got the new documentation which confrim purchase. I wrote to mail which is above that they should STOP (in topic of this mail i wrote  order number)  process loading bank account.  Now i have problem ....

i don't want pay double for actualzation, i wrote to them new serial number of my lenovo's  notebook and sent new scan of fresh documentation from shop.

They didn't respond not once, why communication with person who are responsible for this programm is so bad? This is global operation i know but LEnovo should prepare appropriate steps before program started to client who has problem could communicatie in short time.

From other forum i knew that person who want make actualization to WIN7 should register to 31.january this year .

Options

28 Posts

07-22-2009

USA

43 Signins

748 Page Views

• Views: 748
  • Message 385 of 470

2010-01-29, 17:35 PM

Hello Mark_Lenovo;

I am at wits end at getting some answers for my WINDOWS 7 Upgrade.....

I orders and recevied (after getting the initial DOA) W500CTO laptop in August 2009.

I added my Upgrade otder , and was given an order number after succeessfully placing the upgrade request in Oct 2009. I got an email conforiming this at oct 16th 2009..

Then next communication I got from lenovo = @nov 19th 2009

>>quote<<

Dear Mx-----
This is to inform that your order has been reshipped and this completes your order.
Reason : Invalid Address

Shipping Details:...........................

/<<enf quote>>

I am very shocked to see the reas on = same shipto Addresss as my billing address and  I havent had any delivery at all

Also is stange , as " reshipped"  andI have NOT SEEN ANY ITEM at my address...

And yet when I look at the ORDER STATUS = DELIVERED and FULFILLED !!!!

I have also tried to call the 909 930 0800 phone number for Mentormedia and seems every PHONE VM box is full

I have sent msgs/email/ info at the website often quoted by your here , and still have not got much to SOLVE MY ISSUES , shich is a smiple = where is my UPGRADE !!!

can you please help with this case.  you are my final hope , it not I will call this set of 'events' as a life lesson , and never to buy LENOVO again !

Thanks in advance

Mike  

Thinkpads - W;X &T Series (work)
Home- T60p;T43p;T20
few others
Options

176 Posts

06-11-2009

Toronto, Canada

681 Signins

5368 Page Views

• Views: 5368
  • Message 386 of 470

How long to validate proof of purchase?

2010-01-29, 17:52 PM

I submitted my order on the MentorMedia/Lenovo upgrade website on 2010-01-24, and faxed the automatic order acknowledgement email I received from MentorMedia back to them attaching my proof of purchase. (The ThinkPad was not bought direct from Lenovo, but it was registered on their website after purchase.)

On the mentormedia order status there is no indication they have received the fax transmission, although my fax records show transmission success. Should I expect a "POP received, in process" status indication, or will the status simply change to "POP Validated" at some point?

How long does this validation process usually take?

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 387 of 470

Re: How long to validate proof of purchase?

2010-01-29, 19:08 PM

mjdl,

I believe you should next receive an email for you to set up payment for shipping, or to confirm it.  

Likely others can share their experiences on what they received.

Ausmike,

Ah!  Sorry that happened - I can only imagine how frustrating that is.   Can you send me a PM with your Lenovo xxxxx order number, your correct name, address, phone, and confirm your thinkpad serial and version of Win 7 you were trying to order.   I'll look into this with mentor and promise that we will get you a disk one way or another.

lakatus,

So, your concern is that Mentor might ship and bill for two sets of Windows 7?   Do you have two different Lenovoxxxxx order numbers?    If so, please send me a private message with both order numbers.  Please clearly indicate which one you want to cancel and which you need to ship.  Please include your name, address, phone, and version of Win7 you were trying to order.

Mark

Options

176 Posts

06-11-2009

Toronto, Canada

681 Signins

5368 Page Views

• Views: 5368
  • Message 388 of 470

Re: How long to validate proof of purchase?

2010-01-29, 19:15 PM

Thank you, Mark, for such a quick reply.

As I already gave my credit card details on the secure upgrade order website, I suppose the next thing I may receive will be an email confirming payment and giving some details about shipment.

But I would really like to hear from others what the process actually is; I'm surprised that acknowledgements and feedback on the upgrade order customer status website are so imprecise.

Options

1 Posts

01-30-2010

USA

6 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 389 of 470

Windows 7 "FREE" Upgrade

2010-01-30, 19:34 PM

I just went to register for my "FREE" upgrade and it will apparently cost me $17.03 shipping and handling.

How is that Free? Anybody else have a problem with that?

I called the 800 number about it and spoke to a fellow  who obviously wanted me off the phone, said it was Microsofts problem, and if I didn't like it I could pay their regular exorbitant price.

It's a small thing, but I'm not happy.

Options

2 Posts

01-30-2010

Switzerland

3 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 390 of 470

2010-01-30, 22:57 PM

Wow. A 40-page thread. Don't know if I'm feeling better or worse now, after knowing that I'm not alone...

Here's a chronology of my little Windows 7 upgrade story.

• Oct. 29, 2009: Ordered Upgrade and sent in proof of purchase
  • Nov. 6, 2009: message from mmedia.mis.com.sg: payment successful
  • Dec. 4, 2009: message from mmedia.mis.com.sg: product shipped
  • Jan. 7, 2010: complaint via contact form: shipment never arrived
  • Jan. 26, 2010: second complaint via contact form: shipment never arrived, first complaint never answered

In short:

• Ordered and paid three months ago
  • Tracking says: shipped
  • Shipping and billing address are correct (I checked)
  • Shipment never arrived
  • Complained twice via contact-form
  • no reply AT ALL, apart from an automatic receipt for both complaints.

Do they have trouble finding Switzerland? It's tiny, I know. But still 60 times larger than Singapore...

Do they have trouble reading my complaint in german? Why does their contact form talk german to me then?

Do they care? Obviously not.

Does anyone here have any advice on how to proceed?

Fabian

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete