02-01-2010

Chicago

7 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 411 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-02-09, 21:22 PM

I put in my order for the WIndows 7 upgrade on 1/24/2010. and sent in the email I received verifying my original computer order.  It includes the order number and prices, as requested.  Since I ordered directly from Lenovo, I have no other proof of purchase other than the packing lists that arrived with my computer.  I've heard nothing, and when I check the status of my Windows 7 upgrade order, it still says that proof of purchase is "pending," even though I've sent two emails asking if I have submitted the correct information.  If someone could let me know who to contact to find out if I've submitted the right documentation, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 412 of 470

2010-02-09, 22:22 PM

beatlesgeek,

I would suggest allowing a bit more time given the backlog that this program has been working through.   We've seen a spike in orders requiring proof of purchase this last week and are working through them while we investigate to ensure our entitlement data feed are still working as expected.

I apologize for the delay.

Dfm5,

Could you please send me a private message with your Lenovo xxxxxx order number?   We really don't have a way to cancel or provide refunds for orders once they are placed, but we should ensure you receive your order promptly, especially if you have been charged.   Sorry this has been a difficult experience for you so far.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2010

US

3 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 413 of 470

2010-02-11, 22:35 PM

Wow, long thread (hopefully Mark can help).  My story is somewhat complicated but here goes:  I ordered the Win 7 upgrade 9/16/09 for my X301.  The order status page currently reads "pending for proof of purchase" which has been present for weeks and I've received no instructions on what or where to send this info.  Since September, I also have had to cancel the credit card on which the order was placed originally (due to other unrelated fraudulent activity), and a new one has since been issued.  The payment info currently lists "pending deduction" but I've received no instructions on how to resubmit payment info (even though the FAQ states the invalid payment info should generate an email on how to do update/resubmit this).  Now I see the deadline to submit the POP info is March 5 and payment info March 15 or the orders will be cancelled.  I've emailed Mentor Media via the link 4 or 5 times since October now and have received only repreated generic replies that instructions will eventually come.  The email address listed on my order status (as well as home address) is correct.  My last email 1/8/10 went unanswered.  I tried emailing again today but geez this is soooo frustrating.  What options are left??  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Options

176 Posts

06-11-2009

Toronto, Canada

681 Signins

5368 Page Views

• Views: 5368
  • Message 414 of 470

2010-02-11, 23:25 PM

A September order should have shipped by now... but what do I know? I think a minimum of 6-8 weeks processing time is to be expected, judging from other posters' actual order/shipping data in this thread--we are all spoiled by the performance of Amazon and other online retailers, <irony alert>but this Lenovo offer is not a straightforward retail situation</irony alert>.

Options

12 Posts

02-08-2010

California

17 Signins

249 Page Views

• Views: 249
  • Message 415 of 470

2010-02-12, 4:36 AM

Who is Mentormedia? Are they subcontractor for Lenovo to handle this free upgrade? If they are that bad how come Lenovo did not terminate them.  The whole thing reminded me of the mail in rebate. They hope  you forget or miss the date for submittal. Yep extra profit for them.

Here is something for Lenovo to think about. Did Lenovo think about how much time their rep have to spend with the customer who have not received their upgrade.  I encourage everyone to call in once everyday. This will generate a lot of heat or inefficiency to Lenovo.

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2010

Australia

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 416 of 470

2010-02-12, 10:41 AM

Hi.

I just found this thread and have a problem with my order.

I submitted order about two weeks ago. It says it is waiting on POP. When I looked up the FAQ, it said I would be sent instructions how to send POP. However, I have yet to receive any such information.

Is there an email address I can send POP to? Otherwise Australian fax number?

Thanks,

Craig

Options

176 Posts

06-11-2009

Toronto, Canada

681 Signins

5368 Page Views

• Views: 5368
  • Message 417 of 470

2010-02-12, 16:21 PM

After I submitted my order, an acknowledgement email was sent to me by systemauto@mmedia.mis.com.sg with the details of the upgrade I had requested and instruction on how to submit proof of purchase by email, fax, or regular mail. The order number was in the subject line of that email ("Lenovo Thank you for your order, Order No. LENOVOXXXXXXX"). (It was a base-64 encoded HTML mail.)

These were the instructions, but the two fax/mail addresses are probably only for North Americans:

<QUOTE----------->

Thank you for your order.

Kindly proceed to submit your Proof of Purchase clearly indicating the Model and Purchase Date within 7 days. You may send it by the following methods.

------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
· By Email : Send this email along with the scanned copy of Proof of Purchase to Lenovoauto@mentormediacorp.com with email subject clearly indicating the Order Number. For example, Order Number - LENOVO0000018

· By Fax : Fax this email along with the Proof of Purchase to +1- (909) 728-4500.

· By Mail : Send the printed copy of this email along with the Proof of Purchase to :
Lenovo Windows 7 Upgrade Program
c/o Mentor Media (USA) Supply Chain Management, Inc.
1770 S. Vineyard Ave
Ontario, CA 91761
<-------END QUOTE>
Options

1 Posts

02-12-2010

Germany

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 418 of 470

2010-02-12, 16:37 PM

Same here, I'm waiting since 2 weeks on information how to provide the proof of purchase :(

I expected higher service level from Lenovo.

Options

6 Posts

02-04-2010

Estonia

73 Signins

277 Page Views

• Views: 277
  • Message 419 of 470

2010-02-12, 17:35 PM

The whole Mentor Media Corporation is just a ridiculous joke.

My first order for my two machines with already sent pop's has been sitting on Mentormedia's desk or trashcan or god knows where for 3 weeks now.. without any notice at all. My prepaid credit card is about to expire soon, so i guess there will be more waiting and hell ahead, when they actually start to process my order.

I also made a third order for my third machine on monday, and there has been no order confirmation or emails since then. How the hell am i supposed to send my proof of purchase, when i didn't even get an order number?

And now i'm reading someone has waited his order confirmation for 2 weeks without any luck.. Unbelievable.

It almost looks like they are just waiting and doing nothing, until the program ends and then just saying "sorry".

I could probably accept these huge delays, IF this "free" upgrade program would have really been FREE. What makes me angry, is that we have to pay for this bu**s**.

Guess it's just a bad luck for Lenovo to find the worst company in the universe outsourcing the upgrades...

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2010

Traverse City, MI

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 420 of 470

Where is my Windows 7 Upgrade Disk?

2010-02-12, 19:10 PM

I requested a Windows 7 upgrade disk for my Lenovo IdeaPad over 1 month ago. I have tried to e-mail lenovo about this issue already, but I received no response whatsoever. I paid $17.00 shipping for a disk and it should not be taking this long. Where is the customer service?

I hope someone from Lenovo see's this message so we can get this issue resolved. I would really like to get Windows 7 going.

My name is Josh Tucker

My e-mail address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please let me know what's going on with this upgrade...

Note from Moderator:  E-mail address removed for your protection.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete