turkey

3 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 431 of 470

İ;Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-02-17, 13:35 PM

hi

i just got an e-mail saying to send proof of purchase. but i dont know how to do. you said that you sent it. can you tell me how to do it..

thanx

Options

16 Posts

11-18-2009

USA

26 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 432 of 470

Re: İ;Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-02-17, 16:10 PM

I finally got the Proof of Purchase email. What's a proof of purchase - is the email order confirmation from lenovo ok or is it something else.

Options

2 Posts

01-04-2010

Chicago, IL

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 433 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2010-02-17, 17:14 PM

I finally was able to use MM's site to order my kit on 2/2, and got the same email posted above this morning demading payment and proof of purchase by 3/5. 

I have a few problems with this: 1) I gave them my cc information when I place the order on 2/2, so why are they asking for payment again, and 2) I purchased my tower at a retail store, Fry's, locally, in October of last year (incidentially, the week before Win7 was released) as an emergency replacement to my fried Dell laptop.  I have since shredded the cash register reciept and so cannot provide it to MM.  So, apparently, even though I provided a vaild serial number, taken right off the sticker from the back of my machine, I am going to be out of luck to get my "free" Windows 7 upgrade.

I'm really, really, really irritated by this whole process.  I wasn't able to order my kit right away because MM's site wouldn't work, and when I finally could, it takes three weeks, on the back end of the redemption window, for the MM to demand a piece of information that I don't even have anymore. Frankly, I think this whole thing just stinks.  Lenovo, you should be ashamed as a company of the way this has been handled.  You know what machines you sold, you know the serial numbers...it's really basic database referencing.  Don't even try to tell anyone you can't set up a program to cross check serial numbers to your sold/shipped records.  Your real and true error in this whole deal is outsourcing the progam to a company in Singapore rather than handling this progam internally. 

I've already paid $17.03 for a "FREE" Windows upgrade on a *legally* purchased, within the progam guidelines, Lenovo tower, and for lack of a stupid cash register reciept, I will never see said upgrade.  You just made another $20 off of a customer who will get nothing in return, but I can assure you it will be the last dollar your company will ever see from my pocket.

Options

61 Posts

02-17-2010

Belgium

61 Signins

726 Page Views

• Views: 726
  • Message 434 of 470

2010-02-17, 20:28 PM

Hi Mark,

it seems you are the man here on the Lenovo forum :)

First of all Lenovo/IBM thinkpad is the best.

I have also placed an order for an upgrade kit for Win7 Pro 32bit. I have sent by POP to the required email address but have not had a confirmation back from them.

I just also read the great psot explaining all the delays. Are there still dealys now?

I was just wondering how long the ordering process is taking? Really keen to use win 7

thanks for a reply in advance

belgam21

Options

3 Posts

02-17-2010

USA

43 Signins

132 Page Views

• Views: 132
  • Message 435 of 470

2010-02-18, 1:14 AM

Mark_Lenovo -

I e-mailed my proof of purchase to Lenovoauto-sg@mentormediacorp.com as requested 3 weeks ago on 1/29/2010

Order No. : LENOVO1493760

I've been checking the web site daily and it keeps saying: Pending for Proof of Purchase 

Today, I also received an e-mail from noreply@mmedia.mis.com.sg telling me that I had until 5 March 2010 to submit proof of purchase. 

I just  sent the proof of purchase a second time to the address above.

Mark please tell us how long it should take for them to verify POP.

I also have waited patiently for three weeks and this seems quite unreasonable.

I expected the upgrade to be easy and quick. So far, it has been neither. Please expedite these orders.

Thank You.

Options

1 Posts

02-18-2010

US

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 436 of 470

2010-02-18, 5:48 AM

A few notes of interest on all this...

Did any of you know that when you were on the Lenovo site doing your Win7 upgrade that Lenovo, without changing the Lenovo headers and without any advisement that would let you know, rerouted you to a site in Singapore (Mentor Media) where you submitted your credit card and personal information?  Did you know that Mentor Media now has that information? 

Now, had the site look changed, and it did not then nor does it now, then you may have even looked at the URL and seen that you were now on https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/LenovoWindows7Upgrade/Select_Lan.aspx 

But then who was to say, or know, that this was not part of Lenovo when Lenovo concealed that fact from their customers?  After all, many companies have a variety of URLs so how could one tell that you were not giving your credit card information to Lenovo but to some third party?

And conceal is exactly what Lenovo did by not informing its customers.  You can argue against its being intentional (I think it was) but at no time did Lenovo advise you, the customer, that he or she was leaving their site!  At no time did Lenovo state that in leaving their site that you would then be leaving your personal and credit card information with a company in Singapore, a country in S.E. Asia which may or may not have laws that will protect your information. 

But wait, there's more!  Did you also know that Lenovo is sharing your information with a company called Aegis Limited, a company owned by an Indian concern called Essor.  What information they are sharing and for what purposes?  Who knows.  But what is known is that Aegis is known to the Better Business Bureau which rates them as "D –“, another words about as low as it gets (the next step is F).  Basically, Aegis, like Mentor Media, sees no point in answering complaints and we have no way to verify what is shared with them, why it is shared, or what restrictions are placed on Aegis about the information they do receive.

So there you have it... Not only do you not get your upgrades on time but your personal and financial information is being sent to Singapore and goodness knows where else by Lenovo... but of course it is all for your benefit!

Options

6 Posts

02-04-2010

Estonia

73 Signins

277 Page Views

• Views: 277
  • Message 437 of 470

2010-02-18, 15:57 PM

Well, i did, what i actually though - was just pointless. I clicked the "Contact" link, and asked about my never arrived order confirmation and number. And guess what - the next day there was an answer from Mentor people: :D

Dear customer,

Your status is Pending for proof of purchase at the moment.

Kindly send your invoice indicating the Model and Date of Purchase to cso-sg5@mmedia.mis.com.sg for verification purposes, with the order number(LENOVO1576***, which is your order) as the header.

Payment will only take place after successful validation of the invoice.

Please provide your model and operating system in the email as well.

Sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Thank You for your interest in Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program.

Regards,
Lindy
Customer Service Officer

..Well, looks like at least SOMETHING is still going on there.

Waiting to see what happens next..

Options

61 Posts

02-17-2010

Belgium

61 Signins

726 Page Views

• Views: 726
  • Message 438 of 470

2010-02-18, 16:15 PM

lol. thanks for the tip. I have sent them an email today as well. lets see the response. I also called them in singapore but no one picked up the phone.....

Options

25 Posts

01-26-2010

China

115 Signins

700 Page Views

• Views: 700
  • Message 439 of 470

2010-02-21, 10:41 AM

I've just ordered Thinkpad T510 with Win7 Pro English. Now I want to upgrade to WIn7 Ultimate. Is it possible to spend 70USD for it? (Return Pro key possible?)

T510
Options

1 Posts

02-22-2010

Philippines

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 440 of 470

2010-02-22, 3:44 AM

hello everyone. I ordered Lenovo windows7 almost 2 weeks ago,I only received an email about my order details but there is nothing about sending proof of purchase. I read in the FAQ that it`s necessary but I didn`t received any emails/ information about how to send this proof of purchase and where to send it. In the email there is only information about my order and delivery details: Order Date : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 Order No. : LENOVO1572167 Your credit card will only be charged USD 19.32 upon the release of the selected language of Windows 7. The price shown is inclusive of tax and shipping charges. An email will be sent to you upon successful payment. Can somebody help me? Do I still have to send my Proof of purchase to get win7? By the way I purchased my lenovo y450 () last october 24, 2009 Thanks in advance.. :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete