803300 Page Views

• Views: 803300
  • Message 81 of 470

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2009-11-25, 5:53 AM

alvin87 wrote:

TO Lenovo Staff,

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

7 Posts

11-12-2009

UK

21 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 82 of 470

2009-11-25, 10:58 AM

Mine arrive yesterday finally (boo Lenovo / Mentor)

Installed perfectly (well done Microsoft)

Tracking number never worked. (who knows whose fault, but I blame Mentor)

Here is a break down of the charges for my "Free" upgrade:

CD ROM: 6 Euro

Shipping and Handling: 8.08 Euro

VAT (at 19%) 2.67 Euro

So, by their own admission, the CD is not free at all, it's 6 Euro plus tax. And we were led to believe that the charges were purely for the posting. Clearly they are not.

Not happy, but at least I will now shut up until I order the next one for the next laptop :-)

Every one of my posts on this forum is about the failure of the "Free" Windows 7 upgrade program. You too can experience it: go to www.lenovo.com/windows7
Options

28 Posts

11-25-2009

FLorida USA

198 Signins

1396 Page Views

• Views: 1396
  • Message 83 of 470

2009-11-25, 15:01 PM

Janet a big thanks to you and Mark for trying to help out.

I'm still waiting for my upgrade.  Surprise!

Still stuck in Fulfillment In Progress.   

Lenovo G550 Model 2958 3CU Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

Are they even shipping upgrades for that device yet? 

I'm an IBM retiree and have owned and used dozens of Thinpads but this my first experience with Lenovo.

The laptop is nice but I can't imagine ever buying another one.   And I get a employee discount.

I'm sure this whole thing could have been handled more unprofessionally but I can't imagine how.   Every step of the process was completely flawed.   The retailer had no details, my model/serial was not valid (even thought it was), the money was extracted from the credit card before the stated time, the POP almost worked right but it wasn't easy to find how to do it, there is no contact phone number for machines bought retail, the email contacts aren't contactable and they have missed the ship date by over a month with no explanation or information as to when it is scheduled to ship.

Options

183 Posts

01-29-2009

US

833 Signins

2822 Page Views

• Views: 2822
  • Message 84 of 470

2009-11-25, 17:02 PM

wrote:

...I'm sure this whole thing could have been handled more unprofessionally but I can't imagine how.   Every step of the process was completely flawed.   The retailer had no details, my model/serial was not valid (even thought it was), the money was extracted from the credit card before the stated time, the POP almost worked right but it wasn't easy to find how to do it, there is no contact phone number for machines bought retail, the email contacts aren't contactable and they have missed the ship date by over a month with no explanation or information as to when it is scheduled to ship.

Exactly what is the procedure to become a Lenovo Fulfillment Partner?  I'm looking for a job after retirement where I don't have to do anything. I figure being a Lenovo Fulfillment center would be ideal.

:smileyhappy:

Options

1 Posts

11-26-2009

Olney, Maryland

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 85 of 470

Still waiting for Windows 7 upgrade

2009-11-26, 12:44 PM

I purchased two Ideapads that include the free "Windows 7 upgrade".  I have followed all procedures for ordering the upgrades and was charged for the upgrade about a month ago, but they still have not arrived.  When will the upgrade packages be shipped?

This is for two model 418646U units.

Thank you.

Options

28 Posts

11-25-2009

FLorida USA

198 Signins

1396 Page Views

• Message 86 of 470

2009-11-26, 16:02 PM

As it turns out I was wrong in my prevous post... they can be more unprofessional.

I got this included in an email just now:

"We realize you have missed out the model entry in your order. We need your confirmation on the model in order to proceed for shipment."  

How could my order ever have been completed if I didn't provided a proper model #?   How does the order software allow someone to order something without all required information?   

My guess is that the order didn't accept my model number.   Right from the beginning Lenovo did not treat my model and serial as valid.   For a month after purchase August, none of the Lenovo Support sites recognized my laptop model as valid.

Pitiful, just pitiful.

Options

16 Posts

07-18-2009

USA

22 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 87 of 470

2009-11-26, 18:36 PM

Mark_Lenovo

I have run into yet another snag with your Windows 7 upgrade program.  This morning (11/26) I received the following message:

Dear Lenovo Customer,

Thank you for ordering Lenovo Win 7 Upgrade kit. We realize you have missed out the model entry in your order. We need your confirmation on the model in order to proceed for shipment.

For Notebook customers, please provide the model number which can be found in the bottom case of your Laptops (eg. V350,G230 etc)

For Desktop customers, please provide your configuration number (eg.57094408, 8 digits of numeric)

Please reply back to “ laura_xxxxx@mmediacorp.com"

Laura xxxxx.

First, ALL the required info has previously been submitted, and more than once.  But the worst thing is that every time I've tried to reply back to laura_xxxxx@mmediacorp.com with the model number, I've gotten a Delivery Status Notification(Failure) in response.

You guys have long since charged my cc the $17.01 for this upgrade yet all I've received in return is frustration.  When are you going to get this fixed and send me the upgrade I've paid for??

Moderator note; e-mail and full name of 3rd party edited

Options

16 Posts

07-18-2009

USA

22 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 88 of 470

2009-11-26, 18:38 PM

Amen, brother.

Options

28 Posts

11-25-2009

FLorida USA

198 Signins

1396 Page Views

• Message 89 of 470

2009-11-26, 19:05 PM

As stated  earlier today, I got an email asking for my model number.   I replied by clicking the email address link provided and emailed the information. (the link was in this format xxxxx_xxxxx@mmediacorp.com) - the Xs were the person's name not the bot.

The email wouldn't go through.  Bounced back in seconds with a permanent error.

Surprise, the link is no good.    Screw up # 13, 234.

So I resent using by typing the address rather than clicking the link.... failed.   Removed the underscore.... failed.

Sent the reply to .net instead of .com... failed.   Sent the reply to mmedia.com.sg.... failed.   All failed with invalid domain name.    Eventually I found that XXXX_XXXXX@mentormediacorp.com did the trick.   At least it didn't bounce back.

These guys don't even know how to send an email and include a return address.   (And no I didn't use the bot's address.

HOWEVER  I did find some useful info and I appologize is this info appears elsewhere but there is a HOTLINE for Mentor Media Win 7 update questions.

(909) 930 0800  (listen to the options for the upgrade program)   

However, I will not guarantee that it works or that anyone answering the phone will be helpful.   I mean what are the chances?

Options

395 Posts

08-03-2009

UK

1342 Signins

9464 Page Views

• Views: 9464
  • Message 90 of 470

2009-11-26, 19:44 PM

wrote:

However, I will not guarantee that it works or that anyone answering the phone will be helpful.   I mean what are the chances?

This sounds so funny. I can't believe that MM is incapable of even getting the basics right.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete