Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemWindows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-02-2009

Romania

7 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 2

lenovo n200 - problems resuming from sleep on Win7

2009-11-05, 15:59 PM

Ok, so I have a 3000 series n200(the so-called ValueLine nowadays), and I just installed Win7. All good til now. Just that when I resume my laptop from sleep, the screen won't light up. All the other functions seem to start pretty good, but not the display, it remains black, no change. And I don't know for sure if it's sleep or hibernate, just that I'm pressing the power button, so this must mean sleep.

Oh, and another thing, I cannot find the correct and up-to-date drivers and software for the fingerprint reader on this model for Win7.

Anybody got any ideas about these 2 issues? Many thx in advance, guys!

Options

7 Posts

11-14-2009

Ljubljana, Slovenia

10 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo n200 - problems resuming from sleep on Win7

2009-11-14, 22:04 PM

I had that problem on two Lenovo laptops - R500 and now T500, but I only have it when the system goes to sleep because of inactivity, when it goes to sleep on-demand everything works. Both laptops have ATI 3xxx gfx cards and I suspect that that has something to do with it. The solution that works for me is whenever it resumes from sleep with a black screen I wait for it to fully start (about 3-5 secs), then hit Fn+F4 to put it to sleep on-demand and then wake it up again via the power button. It's a long way around but it saves me from rebooting.

Regarding the fingerprint reader, I don't know what hardware does your laptop have, but if it is AuthenTec AES 2810 you can download W7 driver from http://www.authentec.com/win7beta32.cfm. It works great and uses Windows 7 integrated Biometrics platform instead of the ThinkVantage kludge. If you have 64bit windows just replace 32 with 64 in the link URL.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms