usa

14 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 1 of 3

u330 with windows 7

2009-10-02, 15:27 PM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading my u330 to windwos 7 (32bit). Can somebody share his experiences?

Should I wait until Oct 22nd when everybody else is receiving their windows 7 version and lenovo might present some dirvers?

Regards, Andi

Options

39 Posts

08-27-2009

Fort Worth, TX

245 Signins

1633 Page Views

• Views: 1633
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: u330 with windows 7

2009-10-03, 18:19 PM

Hey andiv83,

I purchased a u330 last month and upgraded to windows 7 64bit right away when I got it. So far I am very pleased with how windows 7 operates on this computer. This thing just screams when performing any operation and uses a relatively low amount of system memory.

There are some things you have to take into account though and you have to remember that the experience won't be quite "perfect" yet. But come the full release, all should be solved, I have no doubt.

There are currently no "windows 7" specific drivers for the u330 currently for download from lenovo's driver download site. http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=16

There are many vista drivers that will work with windows 7 though. Most all will work except for drivers such as Veriface (which lets you log into your computer and lock/unlock files by scanning your face with the webcam), switchable graphics driver (which allows you to switch on the fly between power saving integrated graphics or the discrete ati graphics card), and the lenovo power management system (there is a basic power management system available, but lenovo's management software is more specific to the u330 itself)

You can still switch between integrated and discrete graphics of course, but you have to do so through bios when you start your computer instead of switching on the fly by right clicking your desktop and selecting the switchable graphics program.

Currently I am running the ati discrete graphics, which provides less battery time of course, but I have no doubt once the full release of windows 7 arrives Lenovo will provide windows 7 specific drivers for the u330

Other than that I would say that I am very happy with my experience so far on windows 7. It definitely fits the sleek, sexy, and simplistic style of the u330!

Hope that helps in your decision

Options

16 Posts

09-24-2009

France

146 Signins

491 Page Views

• Views: 491
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: u330 with windows 7

2009-10-22, 11:23 AM

Hey,

Drivers for Win7 are available on U330 drivers page

Cool ! :smileyhappy:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms