cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 3,797

Question

How do I back up my data using Windows 7 vs Lenovo tools like Rescue & Recovery?

Answer

Lenovo recommends Rescue & Recovery on Think products and One Key Recovery on Idea since these are included in the preload.  However, Windows 7 also includes built in data backup functions.

Under Windows 7, you can use Windows Backup to backup your data. It includes both file backup, which is a copy of the personal files—such as documents, music, pictures, and videos— and system image backup, which is an exact image of a drive. You can use a system image to restore the contents of your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stops working.

To set up Windows Backup:

1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Backup and Restore.
  2. Click Set up backup.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
shishaob1

Is it possible to setup a backup for my windows 7 home edition laptop with my sotrcenter ix2 as the destination drive for the backup either via the windows restore and backup facility or via the storcenter manager console? note: From the windows backup and restore feature, there is no option to select a network drive only the DVD drive even though I can map a drive to the storcentre.

Contributors