Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arshi_poudel
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,242
Message 1 of 2

Can't Upgrade windows 8 to windows 8.1 Lenovo Ideapad y500

I want to free upgrade windows 8 to windows 8.1 from the Microsoft store. But I am not able to do so. I checked the Microsoft site and it says that all the windows update in order to download windows 8.1 but one of the update always fail but other updates install flawlessly. Is it Microsoft problem or Lenovo's. Please help me. I don't want to use windows 8 anymore. The Update which don't get install is mention below:

***** Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2871389)

Download size: 13.0 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2871389

Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com *******

Microsoft says this update is necessary in order to upgrade windows 8 to windows 8.1. But this update don't get install. What to do? Also I would like to know if the windows provided with the laptop Idea pad y500 supports upgrade or not. My windows is windows 8 single language. Please somebody help

Moderator Note; subject edited

Chetnik
What's DOS?
Views: 1,213
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't Upgrade windows 8 to windows 8.1 Lenovo Ideapad y500

Same issue with me , I started update to windows 8.1 and I have crash error with last restart needed, I manged to install win 8.1 privously but there was a lot of gpu problems and i return to win 8 ,now i cant instal 8.1 ,prersonaly thinking that is a some windows update issue ,my rig y500 i5 6gb 2x650gt 120gb ssd

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals