cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesleyyin
802.11n
Views: 3,855
Message 61 of 88

Re: Changing Charge Threshold on ThinkPads under Windows 8 without Power Manager

Does anyone here know how to make it work on a Thinkpad 10 running Windows 8.1? Editing the registry lets the Settings App show the right message about charge start and stop percentages, but charge start and stop are not actually affected at all.

Highlighted
gusat
HDMI
Views: 3,223
Message 62 of 88

Re: Changing Charge Threshold on ThinkPads under Windows 8 without Power Manager

Sorry to kick a dead horse, yet the same issue now repeats with win10; the registry fix first worked until the build 10049... then 10061 reset everything back to 0-100% (kill battery) and the reg fix no longer works.

Lenovo, this has been shoved under the rug ever since win7... the TP battery f/w has this feature since 10+ yrs. Could you kindly give us a small (KB, not MB!) program to access it for every OS, explicitly setting the battery thresholds?
bmather9
Punch Card
Views: 3,218
Message 63 of 88

Good luck; Lenovo has been unresponsive thus far. I'm buying a Dell or
Samsung next time.

Valiant
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,208
Message 64 of 88

I agree. I purchased my T530 over other brands expressly for this feature
of being able to set the charge threshold. Without support for this
feature I'll be looking at other brands. Please, Lenovo, issue this simple
fix.

Does anyone know what other brands offer this ability to set charge
thresholds on their laptops?

Thanks.

Magnum44pl
Punch Card
Views: 3,161
Message 65 of 88

Some time ago I found website. whose owner created his own Power Manager with discussed function for Windows 8.1. Unfortunetaly, the website if offline. However, I downloaded this utility some time ago. Here:

http://www.speedyshare.com/2fqhC/PM-2.0.1.zip

Can you give us a feedback if it's working on Win 8.1 and/or Win 10?

The part of ReadMe.txt

About
The ThinkUtils Power-Manager is a non-official replacement of the official Lenovo Power Manager on
mobile Think-systems running Windows 8, or higher. It offers monitoring of the system power status
and controlling the charge thresholds of your battery.
Although targeted on newer generation ThinkPad-machines, it will also work on non-ThinkPad PCs but
with limited functionality.

Magnum44pl
Punch Card
Views: 3,091
Message 66 of 88

Anyone? Smiley Happy

zuku
Punch Card
Views: 3,068
Message 67 of 88

these setting works for my x240 but threshold is set for only removable battery,

but how to set threshold for buit-in battery?

Views: 2,938
Message 68 of 88

I have no ideal.

It's a shame, that such a great functon was removed from ThinkPad's. Now they are not different from another mobile workstations...

narendrastark
Paper Tape
Views: 2,863
Message 69 of 88

To everbody who is still searching for a solution for this strange behaviour:

I resolved the issue that my T440 is ignoring the values set in the registry by downgrading Lenovo Power Management Driver and the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package to the versions mentioned in the first post.

After having done that, charge threshold again works in Windows 8.1. I use the third party software Magnum44pl mentioned in Post 65 to set the values. 

Don't know why Lenovo doesn't support this really great functionality in their newest versions of the drivers but downgrading to the versions mentioned in the first post helped. Really weak behaviour from lenovo ignoring this issue so far!

hans-wurst
What's DOS?
Views: 2,798
Message 70 of 88

hello,

i read through the whole discussion, as i have to deal with the same problem on my yoga s1 (win 8.1)

i tried to change the registry entries by myself as well as by two different programms.

anyway i didn't work.

as it seems to work, when you use the older version of the power management driver and the lenovo settings dependency package, i woul like to downgrade, too.

can you please discribe, how you did this?

i cannot find the older versions of the mentioned drivers.

at the moment im running pm driver (1.67.10.15) and the lenovo settings dependency package (1.6.36.00) and would like to downgrad to v1.66.0.17 and v1.0.5.2 as written in the first post.

thanks for your help!

h

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors