Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrade
Paper Tape
Views: 661
Message 1 of 5

Failed to install windows 7

Hello, I have a Lenovo ideapad Z460 came with windows 7 home basic native system, I'm trying to format the notebook to windows 7 professional, however, when I start the installation when you select the disk for installation, no disc drive is listed. I'm doing the installation via a thumb drive. I've done trying to download the driver storage (http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/br/pt/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad... but when trying to select the driver, I get the answer that we found no compatible driver. Please, I need help installing this windows.

PS: already formatted the disk using diskpart utility, the disk is without any data.

Thank you all.

Guru
Views: 632
Message 2 of 5

Re: Failed to install windows 7

Welcome andrade

Could you try to download a new copy of Windows 7 Image, and recopy it into your thumbdrive with Microsoft Windows 7 USB / DVD Tool to see if it works?

Peter 

ThinkPad W520 (4284-A99) 8GB RAM; 120GB SSD | ThinkCentre E73 SFF (10AU-0040SG) 8GB RAM; WI-FI AC 1.3Gbps | 

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark the thread solved if the solution works | Please do not send me an e-mail regarding technical questions | I am not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Equalizer APO 

andrade
Paper Tape
Views: 619
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

not tried una new inagem because I had little time installed windows with the same stick on another notebook successfully. anyway I will download a new image. thank you
andrade
Paper Tape
Views: 546
Message 4 of 5

Good Night Peter, I downloaded again with windows 7, however I had the same error. with windows media recorded a 8.1 but had the same error. is necessary to make some customization in the image?

Thank you.
RoshanEjaz
Serial Port
Views: 444
Message 5 of 5

Just throwing this out there but have you ensure the USB boot option is okay in the BIOS, also have you disabled Secure Boot? Would also best to set boot to Legacy and UEFI to see if that resolves the issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals