After downloading Windows Updates and rebooting, the system will attempt to apply the updates and fail. The error message, “Failure configuring Windows updates”, will display at 15%. The system will attempt to apply the updates three times and then the system will revert the changes and reboot back into Microsoft Windows 7.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following Lenovo System families running Nitro Pro 126.96.36.199 PDF, or prior version under Windows 7.
ThinkCentre ThinkStation ThinkPad Idea Tablet IdeaPad IdeaCentre
An update from Nitro Pro 7 PDF is available by following the steps below:
1. Launch Nitro Pro 188.8.131.52 PDF. 2. After a few seconds, an Update Manager pop-up will display that a new version is available.
3. Click "Install Update" and follow the on-screen prompts. 4. The system will upgrade to version 184.108.40.206 which corrects this issue.
NOTE: A patch will be available via System Update soon to correct the issue without upgrading - this would be delivered to Think system users. Idea System users might need to manually update via the steps above.
An interrim work around proceedure would be to disable the Nalpeiron Licensing Service in Services by following the steps below:
1. Click on the start menu 2. Type “services.msc” in the "search program and files" box and click OK
3. In the right pane of the Services window, scroll down and locate “Nalpeiron Licensing Service”. 4. Right click on “Nalpeiron Licensing Service”, choose “Stop”, and then close the Services window.
5. Open Windows Updates and Install updates. When prompted, reboot the system. Updates should then apply normally.
NOTE: These steps will need to be followed whenever Windows Updates are available until the patch or the new version is applied to the system.