Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,674
Message 21 of 25

Re: How to completely remove POKKI

Hi Zenmac,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Lenovo is no longer pre-installing what you refer to as "bloatware". I do not understand why it is taking you so long to remove Pokki. I removed it from one of the 2014 Y3P's yesterday. It took me about 5 minutes. Have you run Malwarebytes?  After uninstalling Pokki, I did do some manual editing of the Windows Registry to remove remaining remnants that no longer had files associated with them. Something else that you might consider removing is Lenovo Browser Guard. Some customers like it; others do not.

WOT is a good add-on if your children are of the age that they use search engines.
https://www.mywot.com/

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help with.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
zenmac
What's DOS?
Views: 3,668
Message 22 of 25

Thankyou bugbatter. I messed things up a bit because initially i couldn't figure out where the problem was coming from. I did use malwarbytes and adwcleaner. Also I restored the computer to a few days ago but the pokki reappeared. I was still not aware it was pre-installed so I was still looking for something malicious. After the restore my mcafee was also playing up because I had uninstalled it before the restore. Anyway I made the situation worse than what it was before finding this thread. Its gone now and I could not be happier with the new PC. Thank you for the safe search engine link Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,664
Message 23 of 25

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm glad you like WOT. I'm addicted to looking for those red, green, yellow icons when I search for anything. Whenever I get a new computer, that's one of the first things I add to the browsers.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

gazzman
What's DOS?
Views: 3,491
Message 24 of 25

Navigate to the pokki folder in "USERS"   (Yes,  users).  Look for "uninstall.exe" (no quotes).  Execute that file.  That's it!

felix991
What's DOS?
Views: 2,182
Message 25 of 25

WoW!! I actually tried that and it worked. found mine in C:Users\admin\appdata\pokki\uninstall.exe

Will give it time to see if it come back but it appears to be all gone now. Thanks for the post. I had already tried the uninstall thru windows but it still was there. Mostly annoying more than anything. Never really did anything to cause me any real problems I just like a clean system.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals