Getting into the Bios in Windows 8.0 and 8.1 is a little different then in previous operating systems. Here are the steps to get into it in 8.1.
1. Boot into Windows. Once you are at the Start Screen, swipe in from the right if you are using a touchscreen, or if a regular screen, move your mouse cursor to the top right corner. This will open the Charms Bar.
2. Choose Settings at the bottom and when the next set of options shows up choose Change PC settings.
3. On the left, at the bottom choose Update and Recovery, then on the screen that comes up, choose Recovery at the bottom.
4. On the next screen, choose Advanced startup and your PC or Tablet will restart and a new screen will show up.
5. On this screen you want to choose Troubleshoot, but if you were going to boot to a USB flash drive or a DVD, you would choose Use a device. To get into the bios settings, you will want to choose Troubleshoot.
6. On the next screen choose Advanced options.
7. On the next screen choose UEFI Firmware Settings and on the next screen that comes up, choose Restart.
8. This will take you into the Information section of the bios. Here will be your system information, such as the BIOS version that you are using and your Serial Number of the machine that you are using. If you are using a touchscreen, touch doesn't work as well in the BIOS. Be patient, your touches will eventually be recognized.
9. Choosing Configuration will bring you to the System Time and date, it will show whether Secure Boot in enabled or not. If you are wanting to boot from a USB flash drive that is not configured for UEFI booting, you will have to disable Secure Boot. Once you boot from your flash drive or DVD, you will have to go back into the BIOS and reenable Secure Boot or you won't be able to boot back into Windows 8.0 or 8.1.
10. After you are done in the BIOS, choose Exit and you will boot back into Windows.