Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roygoh523
What's DOS?
Views: 2,942
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo OneKey Recovery (OKR) - Invalid image issue

Hi,

Recently my Lenovo Y470 HDD is having problem, probably bad sector as the HDD will keep turning non-stop and the entire Windows 7 just hang without any response whenever I access certain files in Documents folder. 

Anyway, I have purchased a new HDD (1TB) just to replace the current one. Last year I did a Backup by using OKR and the image files I saved in my external USB HDD.

These are the steps I do:

1. Format and connect the new HDD (1TB) with USB port.

2. Connect the externa HDD with my backup image to another USB port.

3. Execute the OKR and select Restore, this will bring me to a reboot and the One Key Rescue screen comes out.

4. There are 2 options and I choose "Restore from user's backup" then Browse for the path to look for my .wsi image file.

5. When I click Next, it showed that my image file is invalid...

Anyone can help? I tried to google around, a lot of users asked about this but I didn't see any Lenovo Community is providing any solution. By the way, I'm using the latest version of OKR, 7.0.1628. Please help...

Roy

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,888
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo OneKey Recovery (OKR) - Invalid image issue

I am RNR expert, not OKR.

What I see is 3 hdd:

hdd1- new target C drive

hdd2- old backup/boot

hdd3- old waxed C drive

(1) new C drive target for restore of C drive hdd1

(2) Old OKR backup on HDD,which I assume you booted standalone hdd2

(3) dead HDD, with bad sectors. hdd3

==

disconnect the power cord to hdd3. try again.

roygoh523
What's DOS?
Views: 2,873
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Can you explain more on the connection?

Currently I'm:

1. Connecting the old/bad HDD into my laptop so that I can boot it up the OKR.

2. Connecting the Backup HDD (with wsi image) via USB.

3. Connecting the new HDD via USB too.

I am hoping to use the old/bad HDD with OKR to read the Backup image from USB and restore the image into the new HDD (via USB too). Is it going to happen? If not, please advise the proper connection.

Thank you very much.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,865
Message 4 of 4

OKR is very senstive to partition sizes. You might look at this link, and wade through it for a solution. I am getting the feeling that what you want to do wont work; sounds good, but wont work. You will probably have to make sure new HDD is same size as old HDD, use an image copy utitlity to populate the new HDD, and then do your restore from backup on the new HDD.  Just my idea.  Sounds messy.   

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Disk-Partitioning-and-OneKey-Recovery-Feature/...

==

A few more items for thought:

(1) Did you create the OKR rescue media to a CD ?The point I am making here is to NOT have bad /HDD1 in the picture, to avoid confusion. Boot from CD, then have backup files USB  and NEW 1 TB hdd only in the process

(2) I think you should NOT have formatted the NEW hdd. (just go back and erase it).  Let's say your bad hdd is 750GB and new is 1 TB. You need to let OKR build the partitions on the new hdd. These partition sizes must MATCH the partition sizes in the backup file. This MIGHT be why you are getting the Invalid image message.

Upon completion, you should have (I think),

1--recovery parttion

2--C drive partiton

3-- OKR backup area partition

(3) Did you create the Factory backup set of DVDS? Boot to these to factory install on  the 1 TB hdd, then try your restore. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors