Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlyAR
802.11n
Views: 5,993
Message 31 of 67

Re: Lenovo Power Manager in Windows 8

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No. The fact is: it can work, or maybe not. So far there is no particular indicator of WHEN it works.
_

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen, ThinkPad X230, ThinkPad S430, ThinkPad T420, ThinkPad E420s, ThinkPad E10s

Highlighted
aybe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,953
Message 32 of 67

Hi,

To some of you who've been experiencing hangouts (actually when looking at it with Task Manager, the process just eats up memory and at about 700Mb for me it crashes) of Power Manager under Windows 8, I might have found a fix to make it running every time instead of succeeding only on first install/before updating it or rebooting.

(My PC : T61p)

Unhappy with my first settings on my schemes, actually I don't exactly remember what I set, I've decided somehow to try reset them, and guess what ? PM works again and does not crash !

Run in an admin command line : powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

This will remove Lenovo presets from Windows but as soon as you'll launch Power Manager, it'll re-create them.

(Thanks to this post http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/950-power-plan-restore-default-settings.html)

Share your results !

random_bit
802.11n
Views: 5,909
Message 33 of 67

Thing is, aybe, that the settings dependency package and power manager driver  for win 8 that you download and install for your windows 8 machine conflicts with the power manager for win7.

They are both installed in the same folder. You have power management driver for win 8 and then power management app for win 7 installed and issuing the command you mentioned on occasion might help, but in the long run it doesn't really matter because it will remain incompatible with win8.

Here's an excercise for you: Set whatever profile you want in tp power manager for win 7, note the dots in line with profile subcategories,  and then from time to time (i'm talking here in duration of days not minutes) during your computer usage (sleep/hibernation/restart/plugged/unplugged) check again the power manager gui and note the green dots. I guarantee you 100% that they will not be same as you left them when you set your profile the first time

aybe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,851
Message 34 of 67

Okay I'll have a look at it. Actually nothing refrains you to 'periodically' issue that command by scheduling it.

It is by no means a perfect solution but it allows to either reset the presets and/or configure Lenovo-specific features.

There's another thing I'm suspecting to have screwed things up : the power optimizer that Windows might advice you to run.

And of course, it's not Win8 compatible but there's not much we can about it, unfortunately ...

gw74
Punch Card
Views: 5,429
Message 35 of 67

someotherguy wrote: "This was a decision made by the software team."

What is their explanation for this decision? Why do you not disagree with it?

EduardoCarioca
Paper Tape
Views: 5,397
Message 36 of 67

Folks, I need a solution for Lenovo Power Manager software to work on Windows 8 how it worked in Windows 7.
marccollin
Serial Port
Views: 5,103
Message 37 of 67

amazin lenovo do nothin about that...

dswtan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,547
Message 38 of 67

Is it possible to get back the traditional Thinkpad green battery meter when using Windows 8 on T430s please?

It is not showing on mine -- just the standard tiny Windows power indicator in the taskbar.

Moderator Note; subject edited; posts merged in. Was; Traditional Thinkpad battery meter for Windows 8 on T430s?

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,534
Message 39 of 67

@dswtan wrote:

Is it possible to get back the traditional Thinkpad green battery meter when using Windows 8 on T430s please?

It is not showing on mine -- just the standard tiny Windows power indicator in the taskbar.

Lenovo dropped support for Power Manager in Windows 8.

karljian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,949
Message 40 of 67

Same problem on new device. I have a Helix, which has two batteries. I follow the steps and changed the threshold. This threshold only applies to the tablet battery. The dock battery is set to always fully charged, which is quite annoying to me. 

I found in the Current User entry (instead of Local Machine), similarly I can find power manager items in which both batteries show up. However, the changes seem to have no effect to the batteries. Any idea on how to get this problem solved?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors