08-11-2010 09:15 AM - edited 08-11-2010 09:16 AM
im on windows7 win7 and have the thinkpad sk-8835 keyboard. my touchpoint and touchpad isnt working anymore once it got updated by windows. under the mouse properties it just says: HID Compliant Mouse
also under the mouse settings i do not see Ultranav settings at all.
I cant even update it from a list to pick out when i install manually. under IBM and Lenovo it only lists PS/2 touchpoint which does not work. I tried the drivers from:
and it still doesnt work.... any solved the problem please post it..
09-28-2010 05:27 PM - edited 09-28-2010 11:15 PM
I love my USB keyboard travel keyboard with touchpad and trackpoint, it's great for avoiding RSI problems when traveling with a laptop.
The new USB keyboard with only a trackpoint can't compare. (Lenovo, please make the touchpad version again!)
Since the keyboard model has been discontinued (and therefore presumably driver updates) I was very unhappy when I upgraded to Windows 7 and found I couldn't use the touchpad on my keyboard anymore. Which, by the way, I've been using for years on a non-IBM non-Lenovo laptop. (specs state it only works on IBM/Lenovo computers)
I remember having also had issues in Vista a long time ago, but couldn't remember how I had fixed them. Here's the solution for future reference for everyone:
Uninstall the Synaptics driver. Restart.
You may also need to install the Lenovo Vista drivers for the keyboard linked to earlier in this thread. I already had this installed so I can't speak to whether or not this is necessary, but I recommend doing this prior to uninstalling the Synaptics driver
Synaptics driver can be uninstalled from the Programs area in the Control Panel.
Also, disable automatic driver updates in Windows and don't select any Synaptics driver updates offered by Windows automatic updates in the future.
I don't know what it is about the Synaptics driver but it interferes with the touchpad and trackpad working on the Lenovo keyboard. Removing it has not affected anything else on my system - my built in laptop trackpad still works fine, but now I have full use of my external keyboard again.
Good luck to everyone, and please bring back the touchpad on the travel keyboard!
01-05-2011 11:30 AM
Thanks! Theseus' fix worked for me with Dell XPS laptop running Windows 7 and an old (2003, I think) ThinkPad USB Keyboard w/ Trackpad and TrackPoint (model SK-8835). This is a huge help!
06-08-2012 09:12 AM
I beat on this issue for hours... Here's how I got it to work with Windows 7 64bit...
1. Download and install the 1.07 driver from: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73235
2. Plug the keyboard in. At this point the keyboard functions but neither the trackpoint nor the touchpad work.
3. Click Start, Devices & Printers.
4. Under devices, choose "IBM USB Keyboard with UltraNav" (You won't see this unless you've installed the 1.07 driver).
5. Click the Hardware tab and find the 1st instance of "Synaptics Composit USB HID device"
6. Click Change Settings, select Driver tab and select Update Driver.
7. Click "Browse my computer for driver"
8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
9. Select "USB Input Device", then Next, Close, Close.
10. Your trackpoint should work now. Repeat steps 5-9 on the 2nd instance of "Synaptics Composit USB HID device" to get the touchpad working as well.
Hope this works for you! I've repeated it on three separate Windows 7 64bit systems and it worked flawlessly.
07-21-2012 02:45 PM
I have an german sk-8845 - your instructions work absolutely fine, and selecting the "wrong" drivers also allows me to turn of the touchpad again.
Thanks a million!
11-06-2012 01:56 AM - edited 11-06-2012 02:16 AM
I have Lenovo SK-8845RC keyboard plugged to Dell E6520 with Windows 7 x86.
Touchpad and trackpoint work fine, but under Mouse options in Control Panel I cannot find Ultranav tab to configure trackpiont sensitivity etc. I installed th newest drivers 1.08 and nothing changed.
What should I do to get this "Ultranav" tab in mouse options?
PS. I can't install Synaptics driver.