Some Windows 8 laptop users may encounter a situation whereby the camera image quality or the resolution is very low. Here's tip that may be helpful to you.
The Microsoft Camera application usually sets a high image quality. The image quality is degraded when the “Camera Plus features” in Lenovo Setting for Camera is enabled.
You can check the difference with the steps described below:
Microsoft Camera application 1. Click on the “Camera” tile on the Start screen.
2. When the “Camera options” button is clicked, the pop-up window will open. The photo resolution is high. (Note: The resolution is different for each system.)
Lenovo Settings for Camera 1. Click on the “Settings” tile after returning from the Start screen.
2. Click on the “Camera” setting.
3. Enable the “Camera plus features”.
4. Restart the system.
5. Click on the “Camera” tile on the Start screen.
6. Click on the “Camera options” button and the pop-up window will open. The photo resolution is low. (Note: This resolution is different for each system. )
Thus, should you have encountered low resolution for camera image, you may want to check if your Lenovo Settings for camera has this "Camera Plus Feature" enabled. If yes, disable it may give you higher resolution.