cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 22,523

Some Windows 8 laptop users may encounter a situation whereby the camera image quality or the resolution is very low. Here's tip that may be helpful to you.

The Microsoft Camera application usually sets a high image quality.  The image quality is degraded when the “Camera Plus features” in Lenovo Setting for Camera is enabled.

You can check the difference with the steps described below:

Microsoft Camera application
1.  Click on the “Camera” tile on the Start screen.
Camera1.jpg

2.  When the “Camera options” button is clicked, the pop-up window will open.  The photo resolution is high.  (Note: The resolution is different for each system.)

Camera2.jpg

Lenovo Settings for Camera
1.  Click on the “Settings” tile after returning from the Start screen.
lenovoSetting1.jpg

2.  Click on the “Camera” setting.
lenovoSetting2.jpg

3.  Enable the “Camera plus features”.
lenovoSetting3.jpg

4.  Restart the system.

5.  Click on the “Camera” tile on the Start screen.
Camera1.jpg

6.  Click on the “Camera options” button and the pop-up window will open.  The photo resolution is low.  (Note: This resolution is different for each system. )

Camera3.jpg

Thus, should you have encountered low resolution for camera image, you may want to check if your Lenovo Settings for camera has this "Camera Plus Feature" enabled. If yes, disable it may give you higher resolution.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
harsad

Hi,

When I click Camera , I go straight into camera mode.  How do I change the resolution option ?

spooner1

hi,

i have not this button "camera options" in the windows cam app. what is goiing wrong there?

best wishes

ppavesi

hi,

i have not this button "camera options" in the windows cam app. what is goiing wrong there?

best wishes

151rum

Same, no camera options when right clicking, just "timer" and "exposure". Going into the side bar whatever its called, settings, options, only gives "aspect ratio 4:3," gridlines and flicker. There is no other option then the 4:3 and no indication of megapixels. The lenovo settings app will not load, hasnt loaded, even with the dependancys, nothing. This is a cheap flex 2 15 bought as a throwaway untill I picked a better computer as the Y50-70 display I had originally bough, sucked so horribly bad I needed to return it. 2 Lenovo laptops, 2 failures. My brand recognitiion for lenovo is now super garbage just like the superfish that was on both of them. Lost a customer for life now.

Dr_Mimi

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 with video quality issue. I played, as you suggested, with contrast and brightness in Lenovo Settings but nothing changed. I was wondering if this could be due to a no film protection on the camera. Obviously, there is no film on this camera. This laptop is pretty new, 1-month-old. Should I call to the customer service? Maybe the problem is linked to the machine and not to the camera setting.

Any suggestions? 

Contributors