Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siruos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 1 of 5

Ordering a recovery set for a M90z ?

Hi,

I would like to order a set of recovery DVD's for a M90z AiO.

The set regarding the documentation is labelled as 03T5223.

I lived in France, any website to order or definitely a dead end...

Thanks for your reply.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 223
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ordering a recovery set for a M90z ?

I replied to this same question over on the ThinkCentre forum:  ThinkCentre M90z AIO: How to order Recovery DVD

If anyone knows how to determine the correct serial number of his system, since when he tries to order, it is rejected saying his serial number is one digit short, that would ne helpful.  Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Guru
Views: 218
Message 3 of 5

I think the issue is the system is too old?  Is it from 2012?  That maybe why you can't get a system recovery dvd anymore.  The part number does exist on parts lookup.  Its just not available.

03T5223

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Siruos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 184
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

The PC is from 2011, quite prehistorical in the computer world, but still fully functionnal.

My PC is out of warranty and i guess for Lenovo don't want to provide DVD's set to old PC.

They surely wants me to buy a new one, things i won't do for sure.

Somewhere, Lenovo is going against EU laws which now have a similar "Fair Repair Act" as the US. So normally, lenovo should be able to provide the dvd's set as long as the product and/or the software is supported

Anyway thanks all for your help.

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 159
Message 5 of 5

It could also be that since Windows 7 is only fully viable for another 3 months, it didn't make sense to order more disks to be manufactured. 

Since your system is prior to official Windows 10 support, I suggest that Windows 8.1 64-bit, as I describe in this link, is an alternative that is viable for another 3 years.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals