cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,824

Question

I have a Lenovo Notebook R61i.  The Print Screen Button does nothing.  How do I print screen on this computer?

Answer
There's an Fn button on the lower left of the keyboard.  Press that and the print screen (F6) button and then open Windows Paint program (or any other image processing program and paste" the screen image and then edit it. Exportthe picture as a jpg file, or a pic file of your choice.

Alternately, use the Ctrl-Alt-PrtSc combination to take a snapshot and then  Ctrl-V ro post it into Paint or Powerpoint where it can be edited / cropped and then saved.

You can also use the built in Snipping Tool. Windows 7 has a built in snipping tool allowing users to capture the whole screen or a part of the screen. The default shape to use in taking a screen shot is “Rectangular Snip” but if users decide to use other shape than that, simply choose the “Free-Form Snip” function. If in any case you want to capture the entire screen, you may choose to use “Full-screen Snip” or “Window Snip” if a single window is going to be captured.

To make a screenshot on Windows 7 in using this tool, simply follow the steps provided.

Open the Snipping Tool by clicking on “Accessories”.
Choose the snip shape you want to use.
Click on “New”button in order to make a new snip and drag a snip area or select a window to screenshot once the screen fades.
A new window will open once the snip is created allowing users to add highlights and texts in the image.
Save the captured image by clicking on the disc icon or by simply keying the “Ctrl + S” shortcut keys.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
WDA

I'm trying to print screen on a T500. There is no key labeled "print screen". Fn F6 doesn't work. Any suggestions??

pranami03

I am using Lenovo Yoga 460 Thinkpad. I have PrtSc option but still it doesn't work. I have even tried Fn+PrtSc but it doesn't work.