cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 548

Question

I am recording a show that goes longer than expected and I have another show coming up that is scheduled to be recorded. I now have a recording conflict, how do I resolve this?

Answer

If you only have one TV tuner, and a show is scheduled to record directly after an extended recording, you'll need to cancel one of the recordings. To continue to recording the show you are currently watching, you need to extend the recording time by following these steps:

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Center.
  2. On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to TV, click Recorded TV, and then click View scheduled.
  3. Click the scheduled recording you want to extend, click Actions (above the title), and then click Record Settings.
  4. Under Stop, click the Plus or Minus button to change the end time for the recording. You can add as much as 3 hours to a scheduled recording. (If an option ends with "when possible," it means that the extended recording will only continue as long as there are no conflicts.)
  5. Click Save.

Was this information helpful?

Contributors