Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustWork
Paper Tape
Views: 13,894
Message 11 of 36

Re: SOLVED! WAN Miniport #2 yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager

Just use any of the listed drivers - it didn't show for me too, so I selected any other mini-port driver and it worked. It doesn't actually use that, but ends up finding the correct driver again. Restart after going through the above.

hjaste
What's DOS?
Views: 13,887
Message 12 of 36

Ok, I tried to uninstall one of the other Miniports, but it won't let me... -_-'''
Whatever I try, it always just aborts right after i press "uninstall"... Does anyone know of any OTHER way? Has anyone heard Anything form lenovo?

dan85
Punch Card
Views: 13,842
Message 13 of 36

There is a fix suggested at the bottom of this page to download the drivers from Intel's website:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T530-wifi-problem-WAN-Miniport-Network-moni...

shirleyNW
Paper Tape
Views: 12,998
Message 14 of 36

I have had the same ongoing, intermittent, continually worsening problem with my:  E530, Lenovo Thinkpad, Win8.

Wireless Card: Intel Centrino Wireless N2230.  

Getting error messages (code 31) on following:

WAN Miniport (Network Montor) #2,  and also under Intel WiUSB:  USB-IF-xHCI uSB Host Controller.

I have yet to download any drivers from Intel or do the correction someone else recommended by using a different device driver from my computer then deleting the nonworking one. 

It looks like I will have to do that.  I just find it terribly time-consuming and very disappointing that while these discussions appear to date back a few months indicating that, CLEARLY a problem exists with Lenovo 530s and associated wireless hardware and/or device managers that there is no acknowledgement, workaround, or viable solutions offered from Lenovo tech rep who seemed to not be aware of any of these issues.  And, I am still concerned this is not just a software issue because I ended up taking my computer all the way back to factory reset (oh joy) and still I have this problem.  (I didn't see the posts out here until after all of that today.......I guess I should have visited this forum first.)

Any thoughts from anyone about a hardware issue after factory reset? 

Maxxbsj
Paper Tape
Views: 12,918
Message 15 of 36

OMG! Thanx for solving this. Now I don't have to stare at the stupid exclamation mark anymore!Smiley Very Happy

JazJon
Punch Card
Views: 12,840
Message 16 of 36

Yay it worked! Finally thanks.
@hjaste wrote:

I'm glad you've found a solution, however, when I go inte the Network Adapter List, I do not have the option of choosing "MAC Bridge Miniport" there is no such miniport. Does anyone have an alternative I can use? Or is there some other way to Solve this problem? I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530.

Ss he said, it doesn't matter what you pick, doesn't neet to be the MAC Bridge Miniport.   I didn't have that one either.  I picked some random thing at the top, then uninstalled that new device afterwards.    Done and Done

Maxxbsj
Paper Tape
Views: 12,815
Message 17 of 36

Mine also didn't show MAC Bridge, so I just chose "generic", ignored any warnings after choosing it and then deleted it from the devices. Now it's fine.

hjaste
What's DOS?
Views: 12,793
Message 18 of 36

You guys know that one Very easy way of getting rid of that excalmation mark is to just go to uninstall software and press repair. If you get a new version of Lenovo Solution Center and you actually don't open it, the exclamation point won't appear. And even if it opens itself, you can still just do the "repair procedure" and have it removed easily.

I don't know how to make the Actual problem disappear though... I can't uninstall any port, if I click uninstall, the progress bar shows up, but only for a second and then it disappears and nothing has been changed.

I've tried downloading a patch from intel, but that didn't really do much.

stupidis
What's DOS?
Views: 11,810
Message 19 of 36

The solution worked. I no longer have the Wan Miniport #2 and the yellow explaination mark. My computer seems to work okay. Do you have to replace the Wan Miniport with something else or reload it. I am not sure how it works. Don't lose heart I had to go through the steps three times before the Mac Bridge Miniport appeared. You are supposed to be able to use one of the others but when I did I got the notice that the particular port was needed to boot and Windows  would not uninstall.

cbogrady
What's DOS?
Views: 10,821
Message 20 of 36

Not so fast.....  When I rebooted, there is no more WAN Miniport in my Device list.  Is there supposed to be one? If so, it did not reinstall.  Will this cause me problems in the future?