cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 1,213

Question

What should I do if I am having trouble recording sound?

Answer

If your computer is having problems recording sound, try using the Recording Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues, such as making sure that both a working sound card and a recording device are installed on your computer.

To open the Open the Recording Audio troubleshooter:

1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
  2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.‌  

Was this information helpful?

Comments
paulthetech

Hi All, Have an E550. Speakers/headphones work correctly. Internal mic works correctly. Cannot record a line in through the combo mic/headphone jack. Have radio/cassette tape player with speaker output. Tried connecting with both 3 and 4 segment male jacks. Win 7 hardware truobleshooter fails to identify any issues. Drivers are up to date according to Lenovo System update. Has anyone managed to correct this or have any suggestions please? Thank you in advance.

Dirty_Al

I'm having the same sort of trouble as PaulTheTech above - my microphone input (in mono) works fine but the "Line In" input (Blue jack on the back panel) doesn't work.  Following the trouobleshooting guide reveals that the sound system is working as advertised.  Can some one offer some help to Pauyl and I!   TLA!

Al

Contributors