cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 2,428

Question

What do I do if my computer has no sound?

Answer

If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

To open the Playing Audio troubleshooter:

1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
  2.  In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.
  4. Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
kimmarinoff

I can hear a youtube recording from my headset but I can hear it if headset is not plugged in. Any suggestions?

elg

I have a Lenovo K220 running Windows Vista. The audio from my speakers cut off and won't return. I can get audio through my headphones in front and rear jacks.

Below are the steps that I followed that failed to restore the sound to my speakers.

Would appreciate any help I can get on this.

The volume is up and not muted.

I tried a different pair of speakers that I am sure work.

I restored the system, removed and reloaded the drivers.

In control panel/hardware and sound the speakers appear to be working.

I get no sound from the speakers via ITunes, youtube or from external turn table or when

Also, though headphones work, if I unplug and then replug them I lose audio and must restart the program such as itunes in orger to regain sound.

I tried the following two fixses suggested in an on line forum on "no sound."playing CD in the drive drive. But I get it from head phones.

1. Start --> Run --> services.msc and
  2. Start > Run > Type "cmd" Enter> Type "sfc/scannow" Enter
cpcac

Tengo una lenovo G50-30 con sistema operativo Windows 8.1 pro de 64 bits con problemas de audio, con auriculares se oye todo sin problemas pero sin ellos no se escucha nada, ya realice la primera solucion que se menciona en este tema pero no detecto el solucionador de problemas de windows ninguna forma de solucion.

Contributors