Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fwade
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 965
Message 1 of 2

Windows 7 Validation Problem Solved - Call Microsoft

I had a problem - the OEM version of Windows 7 wouldn't re-install on my laptop for reasons I still don't understand. I grabbed a clean Microsoft copy of Windows 7and installed it - my computer started working. However, the copy wasn't validated, of course.

But the solution was straightforward as I learned here in a Reddit comment  -  - https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/7n9zle/help_dont_upvote_is_windows_being_a_dink_by_not/ds0...

After seeing the Product Key fail to validate online, I called Microsoft as the post suggested and they were happy to help. It took several calls due to poor line quality but the tech was able to dial into my computer and make the changes.

They seemed happy to help me validate my new Windows 7, once they verified the validity of my old Product Key. They also gave my computer a new key.

I'm back, up and running. (After a week of bouncing around from one solution to another.)

Francis

fwade
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 843
Message 2 of 2

Re: Windows 7 Validation Problem Solved - Call Microsoft

Further saga... Windows rolled my computer back and Windows 7 was no longer validated. And now, there are errors on the Microsoft website so the validation screen is no longer bringing up the info.for validation which I used two weeks ago.

To bring up the screen, get cmd prompt and type >slui 3 or >slui 4

Then enter your key. 

Or call them at 888-725-1047 - their validation center. The lady was very rude and told me she wasn't authorized to wait while I typed in the activation number. I was taking too long!

Top Kudoed Authors