Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snailspace
Serial Port
Views: 27,585
Message 1 of 4

error: "AN ERROR IS PREVENTING THIS SLIDESHOW FROM PLAYING"

Hi, I've got the following error showing: "An Error is Preventing This Slideshow From Playing".  I have checked to be sure that settings are still set for Photos and it directs it to go to Pictures, and it does.  I've also checked to be sure that the pictures are still there, and they are.  Can anyone tell me what is causing this error and how I can correct it?  Many thanks!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 27,576
Message 2 of 4

Re: error: "AN ERROR IS PREVENTING THIS SLIDESHOW FROM PLAYING"

hello

check out this link from microsoft may be it would resolve your problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 

Snailspace
Serial Port
Views: 27,217
Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much, vijaysaradhi.  I had forgotten about my cry for help here and have just stumbled back upon it.  The problem still exists, so I am glad to find your kind reply.  I will try the link and see if I can muddle through. 

Best regards,

Cynthia

Creature44
What's DOS?
Views: 19,859
Message 4 of 4

After reading the above posts and other websites on this matter, with me having Windows 10 Pro x64, i had installed the complete Windows Essentials 2012 package, even though it seemed like it was designed for Windows 8. I restarted my computer, and had the same error, "An error is preventing this Slide Show from playing". So, i went into the Control Panel, in Programs and Features, and highlighted Windows Essentials 2012, and clicked on "Repair all Windows Essentials program". It worked like a charm! I now get to use the personalized picture folder that i stored all of the new suggested pictures that Windows 10 has been asking if i like and want more.