Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agarrett5
Paper Tape
Views: 3,693
Message 1 of 4

recovery iso for Ideapad Flex14

I am working on an ideapad flex14.  The hard disk is encrypted, I know the password.  It has been encrypted by Diskcryptor.  I dont want to take the laptop appart to access the hard disk (and slave into another windows computer with discryptor installed) as its a brand new laptop and I dont want to make the warrenty void.

The boot cd iso that diskcryptor has on their site blue screens (presumably as its a hirens xp disk and there is a driver issue). 

I was wondering if there is a recovery iso or cd that I can use to get the laptop back into a working state.  Obviously if you try to get into the recovery area of the laptop it doesnt know what to do with it.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,658
Message 2 of 4

Re: recovery iso for Ideapad Flex14

I may be misunderstanding you, but you say you know the password.  If you do, why do you need to restore the computer?

If you really want to restore the computer to what it was when it came from the factory, you do not need discs. Go to this PDF file and go to page 26 titled Lenovo One Key Recovery System and follow the instructions. But if you do this, all your personal information will be gone.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
agarrett5
Paper Tape
Views: 3,641
Message 3 of 4

hi Hoov,

I tried the one key recovery which blatently failed due to being encrypted (1st thing I tried) ;-)  The entire hard disk is encrypted.

I have however resolved this issue using legacy boot in bios and using Gparted etc etc etc, usual process there.  It would be useful to have a recovery ISO in future as if this occurs againit would be a lot more useful (i.e. a customer coming in with fully encrypted hard disk recovery partition doesnt boot because of it etc etc etc.)  

I can create a recovery CD for this particular laptop (now im into windows) but doesnt help when I get other laptops through with similar issues in the future.

"I may be misunderstanding you, but you say you know the password. If you do, why do you need to restore the computer?"  It dont boot! (It does now)

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,629
Message 4 of 4

@agarrett5 wrote:

"I may be misunderstanding you, but you say you know the password. If you do, why do you need to restore the computer?"  It dont boot! (It does now)

AH! You did not mention that. I am glad you were able to fix your issue.

About recovery Discs for other computers, you have to be able to make a recovery discs for all of them. Either that or the manufacturer has to provide you with recovery media. That is law. But they only have to allow you to make the recovery discs one time. Each manufacturer has their own procedure for creating the media. You will have to find the instructions for each one.

Also I believe that all the manufacturers will also sell you a set of recovery media. For Lenovo you call the Service Center. I think the costs cover the shipping and handling and the cost physical media.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals