Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sp0rk1859
Punch Card
Views: 4,889
Message 1 of 10

y570 Win8 thermal management

Hi all,

I actually took the plunge and am trying to adjust to windows 8. I found the new RSS feed for win8 drivers. I installed lenovo's new energy management software for win8, but my "moon" button doesn't work anymore. I need to be able to control the fan, especially when gaming as this notebook gets HOT, and the thermal paste on the y570's sucks. Is there a separate piece of software i'm missing? Or is this button just non-functional in win8? If it is can it be remapped? Thanx

-Sp0rk

jhou
Paper Tape
Views: 4,727
Message 2 of 10

Re: y570 Win8 thermal management

I also have this problem. In addition, I am unable to set my battery to Optimized Battery Health and there is no dedusting option.

Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 4,705
Message 3 of 10

I have the same problem, and I haven't found solution for this yet. The only workaround is to use old energy management from win7, which still works fine, until lenovo publishes an updated version of drivers.
tg2708
SCSI Port
Views: 4,668
Message 4 of 10

I am having similar heat related issues on my t520 too. Hope to get a fix soon. Power manager does not seem to work.

Edit: Found a power management driver on the website.

azzuri09
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,636
Message 5 of 10

nice.so can you tell me any other problems you have encountered.cause i was waiting for ur updates and reviews before upgrading?.thanks in advance
kryptoknight
Paper Tape
Views: 4,493
Message 6 of 10

Dude, 

Did this fix the thermal management issue ?? Does the moon button work now. 

I have installed the new Win 8 driver from the site but my one touch thermal buttons do not work. 

Please let me know. 

Highlighted
Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 4,471
Message 7 of 10

Well, I have already told you, with EM for windows 7 everything works fine, including that "moon" button & various fn+f buttons.

dbbergen
What's DOS?
Views: 4,021
Message 8 of 10

I am having the same problem.  I am unable to adjust my fan speed and my thermal management (moon) button is flashing and does nothing.  I have tried installing numerous EM versions, none of which have addressed the problem.  I'm disappointed that with all of the forums on this topic that Lenovo has yet to release an update to solve this problem.  

Paulie_D
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,681
Message 9 of 10

Sadly, it's the middle of 2014 and the issue of incompatibility with Windows 8 / 8.1 on the Lenovo Y570 laptop still persists - and without any apparent resolution from Lenovo.

My laptop came with Windows 7 (OEM) 64bit, when it was initially purchased 1.5 years ago. For security and other personal reasons, I decided to upgrade to Win8.1 64bit and, in doing to, wiped all of the intrinsic Lenovo volumes on the disk.  Everything seems to be working fine, after manually installing the missing drivers - via Windows Update as well as by visiting the Lenovo Download Center.

Speaking of the Lenovo Download Center, there are TWO different sets of downloadble drivers (different versions) at the following two Lenovo pages:

http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/.../laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad-y570

as well as

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?selector=expand

...and then selecting the Y570 and Windows 8.1 OS.

My present issue, in summary, is that the 2 different versions of "Energy Management" for Windows 8.1 64bit simply DO NOT WORK properly on the Lenovo Y570 and presumably other Lenovo models running Windows 8.x.  In particular, the "OneKey Theater button" (icon is a movie camera) and the "Thermal Management button" (icon is a quarter moon).

Does anyone have an offical and/or proven solution to this ... or is it true that the Lenovo Y570 will never be fully compatible with Windows 8.x ?

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

Paulie_D
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,671
Message 10 of 10

On a related post within this same forum, users were suggesting installing the Windows7 version of the Lenovo Energy Management software. I tried this on my Y570 but it didn't work. In fact: 1. The "OneKey Theater" (video camera icon) and "Thermal Management" (quarter moon) buttons do not function .. and the Thermal Management button keeps blinking / alternating intensity. 2. Upon logging in with any user account, an incorrect and misleading prompt / pop-up appears with the heading "The batter is unauthorized" which reads: UNAUTHORIZED BATTERY. MAY POSE A THREAT TO SAFETY. ... and it conveniently / insultingly includes a "buy" link to the Lenovo store. What a joke ...

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors