Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

U400 Touchpad not disabling after Windows 8 consumer preview installation

The u400 touchpad used to disable when i pressed the f6 key.  However, once i installed the Windows 8 consumer preview, the touchpad stopped disabling.  I installed the newest driver (the one released Feb 8) and still have no luck.  They funny thing is, when i press f6, a sign appears on the lower right corner that shows a disabled touchpad (touchpad with a line across it).  However, the touchpad still functions.

This is a pretty big issue for me since I find it nearly impossible to type comfortably without the touchpad being disabled.  (For example, my cursor jumped 5 times when typing this post)  I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.  Please help!  Worse comes to worst, i will reinstall windows 7, but if there is anyway to fix this problem, please let me know.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: U400 Touchpad not disabling after Windows 8 consumer preview installation

I didn't have exactly this issue but wanted to permanently disable but that was not going to be easy. Mine was hypersensitive and totally messed up any keyboard work. I called tech support and they installed new software to lessen the sensitivity but now when I push F6 key to disable, the icon you described keeps popping up every keystroke. These Lenovo guys are just useless and so sorry I bought this computer.  

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: U400 Touchpad not disabling after Windows 8 consumer preview installation

I'm sorry to hear that.  Right now I'm waiting for Lenovo to send me the reformat cd's.  I'm back to my old dell laptop for now.