Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
Message 11 of 39 (55,022 Views)

Re: Win8 trackpoint third button middle click action

Take a look at this for a solution...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8/TouchPad-drivers-with-Windows-8-gesture-and-middle-button/m-p/...

Cheers.
_

ThinkPad X1 Yoga, ThinkPad X230, ThinkPad S430, ThinkPad T420, ThinkPad E420s, ThinkPad E10s

What's DOS?
Message 12 of 39 (54,821 Views)

Punch Card
Message 13 of 39 (54,349 Views)

[ Edited ]

I want to be able to use the middle button for the trackpoint to middle click, but this functionality has been removed from the trackpoint settings menu.

I had this problem before and I had to download a non lenovo driver that wasn't even in english, which somehow has been automatically reverted.

I don't want to have to get an alternate driver again.

This is ridiculous, please fix your drivers, and don't remove functionality!

This is on a E420s on windows 8 with the latest Synaptics driver 16.2.19.7

Moderator Note; subject edited; posts merged in

What's DOS?
Message 14 of 39 (54,322 Views)

[ Edited ]

Seriously!  STOP DOING THIS LENOVO.  Holy crap, the middle button is one of the biggest selling points of a ThinkPad and you guys can't go for two sub-point releases without screwing it up.  KNOCK.  IT.  OFF.

What's DOS?
Message 15 of 39 (54,324 Views)

[ Edited ]

Moderator Note; comment containg profanity / implied profanity edited. Forum Rules

Punch Card
Message 16 of 39 (54,188 Views)

It is a nightmare trying to get non lenovo drivers to work, and the drivers from lenovo don't work.

I tried multiple generic synaptics drivers, having to uninstall, restart, install, restart, and re apply all my configurations, to get each to work. The one that worked for me is 16.3.15, BUT the settings menu is severely broken and after a few days my system locked up, I rebooted and the lenovo driver was installed again which doesn't work. This has happened several times now with different versions of the synaptics drivers for me.

I also have problems with the touchpad being from and the trackpoint buttons not working after waking from sleep sometimes but that is another matter..

This is a serious problem, please stop ignoring this issue and have these drivers fixed.

Punch Card
Message 17 of 39 (54,144 Views)

Middle button doesn't work on my thinkpad x100e too. Lenovo team, your keyboard and trackpoint are your bigger advantage over other rivals. Neither your technologies, neither your poor displays. Please fix that bug with respect to your customers.
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
Message 18 of 39 (54,088 Views)

[ Edited ]

The solution, although inconvenient, is simple:

With the default window update installed Lenovo thinkpad drivers, fire up regedit.

Navigate to:
HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UltraNavPS2 (note HKCU, not HKLM)

Change "TrackPointMode" to dword:00002214 from the previous value of 00001214

Then reboot/log out and back in...

Or instead of logging out:
Open the windows start screen, type "mouse", then click settings, then "mouse" to open the mouse properties...
On the UltraNav tab, disable the TrackPoint by clearing it's check mark, click apply. With the keyboard, track pad or other pointing device, re-enable the TrackPoint and hit apply. Your middle button should now function correctly.

Punch Card
Message 19 of 39 (53,608 Views)

jaymemaurice, thanks a lot. It's working for me. It look like be a problem in Win8. Beer or whiskey?Smiley Wink

Punch Card
Message 20 of 39 (53,568 Views)

Hello again. I want to report to another bug with middle click. I upgrade my W8 to W8.1 and middle button is still works. But when I update Synaptic driver to 16.2.19.13 middle button don't work again. I change the values in regedit and middle button is working again. I believe that this is a bug in Windows.